“Five star service and great ammonites”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Scottsdale - Old Town
Ranked #10 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
San diego
“Five star service and great ammonites”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Rooms are spacious clean and up to date. Free wifi and wired is available in te room is great for getting business done. The free breakfast saves time and mint and is really good. I be back thank you all for the great service.

• Stayed August 2014
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Scottsdale - Old Town, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Dear Islandboi77,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. It is encouraging to hear that your stay was enjoyable; we work hard to provide a pleasant experience. Your kind comments are appreciated and we look forward to a return visit.

Trisha Ryno

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

Summer vacation with 3 kids, the suite was great. 2 queen beeds and a pull out sofa in 2 rooms with a door seperating the areas.
Nightly happy hour that was great for my wife and I, the kids could swim and we could relax before hitting the great places to eat that are really near by. I highly recommend for anyone wanting to visit scottsdale and be close to Old town and the galleria.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Ron T
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Scottsdale - Old Town, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Dear Ron T,

We’re happy to hear from you, and glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate you and your family choosing to stay with us while here on vacation. I’m pleased to hear we were well suited for your family travels. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again soon for more family fun.

Lichfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Can not rate this hotel high enough. They accepted a group of 13 at 24 hours noticed, turned around 4 rooms for us so our group could stay together, even advised me to book through kayak for the extra night we wanted to stay as we would get it cheaper. Really great service.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Scottsdale - Old Town, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Dear Ben L,

Thank you for your kind review. I’m pleased to hear that our associates delivered service which exceeded your expectations and made for a good experience. We have a great team comprised of dedicated people who genuinely care about providing each guest with an exceptional stay. I’ll be certain to share your compliments with our team. We enjoyed having you as our guest, and we hope you’ll visit us again soon.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Beautiful property. Comparable prices. Two blocks from Scottsdale Stadium, spring training home of the San Francisco Giants. Friendly and efficient staff. Clean rooms. Buffet breakfast. Happy Hour Wednesday and Thursdays. Near to downtown cultural activities. Not far from a shopping center. Would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quieter.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank billyjames2014
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Scottsdale - Old Town, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to review your experience. Our team understands and believes that our guests deserve a pleasant stay and we continue to seek new ways to impress. I will be sure to share your nice comments with our associates; they work hard to deliver superior service. Thanks again and we look forward to your next visit.

San Francisco, CA
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I am sitting at the Holiday Inn Express Scottsdale in Old Town, and figured it's about time I wrote a review about this place. As a business traveler, I usually pick the big boxes, but there is just something about this place that I love. The rooms are clean and roomy and have everything you need (fridge, extra sitting area because all of of them are suites, two TV's, desk, and working WiFi). It's close to my favorite restaurants in Old Town: The BratHaus and BruHaus, US Egg, Rehab Burger, Lolo's, Oregano's, and so on (can you tell I like to eat?). But, the service is really exceptional. Today when I was doing laundry, another guest accidentally (or maybe on purpose) nabbed my detergent... when I went to the desk, they provided some for me free of charge. I've come to know some of the people at the Front Desk over the past few months that I have been staying here -- Dionte, Shelby, Felisha, Chantal, Jeremy, Annie, and a few others -- they know me by sight and always have a kind word to share when I come back. I finally figured out what it is: I don't feel like a room number when I stay here... I feel like a PERSON. They are doing something right, and I like it!

Room Tip: I always ask if there's a pool view room available, and then pay a little extra just to have the...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank JamiSF
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Scottsdale - Old Town, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
JamiSF,

We are happy to hear from you and glad to know your stay was pleasant. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. Your recommendation serves as encouragement to our associates who genuinely care about providing each guest with an enjoyable stay. I will be sure to share your kind remarks. We are delighted to be your home away from home.

Coarsegold, California
Reviewed 1 August 2014

We have stayed at this companies properties from so. calif to so. dakota and must say that, hands down, this property is stellar, from accommodations to staff. Location, dining suggestions and free shuttle within limited area is unbeatable. This was a one night, limited time "stay over" for us. We are already making plans for this to be a destination trip.

Room Tip: Suite was quite roomy and well appointed. There wasn't much few from our suite but we didn't...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Scottsdale - Old Town, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear Linda V,

Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We just finished a 3-night stay at the hotel. The staff at this hotel are exceptional. During our entire stay we never once encountered a staff member that didn't greet us with a smile. Kudos to all of you! As I stated, this is a budget hotel.. but a nice one. There isn't a large spacious lobby or elegant dining. No fancy pool with swim-up bar or waterfall and no beautifully groomed gardens to walk through. BUT, for the budget conscious this is a great stay. The breakfast was above average and there was plenty of variety. The suites are large and clean. The beds and pillows were super comfortable and they actually had nice soft towels which is always a plus. Mini coffee maker in the room along with mini frig and microwave. The rooms were well insulated. We only heard a few noises while we were there and it was pretty full. I believe this is a hotel that the locals frequent for staycations.

They provide a complimentary Happy Hour form 5:30 - 7:00 in the evening. There is always coffee with creamers and hot tea available. They have a complimentary shuttle that will take you within a 3 mile radius. The pool is small but clean. There are lots of comfortable lounge chairs. I did not us the hot tub but they do have one as well a very nice fitness room. They also have a coin-operated washer and dryer on each floor for guest use.

The hotel is just south of Old Town Scottsdale. It is about a 15 minute walk. They have golf cart type vehicles that drive around Old Town and offer rides for a negotiable rate. If the hotel shuttle stops running and you don't want to walk back this is a great option.

If you like pizza go across the street to Oregano's. A local favorite. We also spent the afternoon at Postino's Wine Café on Campbell. $5.00 wine until 5:00 everyday and bruschetta that is absolutely delicious. We also enjoyed some evening music at The Rusty Spur and EVO. I recommend them both.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank SunnySkiesDSM
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Scottsdale - Old Town, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Dear Mikki B,

Our associates understand and believe that our valued guests deserve an exceptional stay and we will continue to push daily to find new ways to WOW our guests. I will be sure to share your very nice comments with our team; they work hard to ensure guests have a pleasant stay. I appreciate you taking the time to write a review and we hope to see you again.