“another hit”

Ranked #6 of 1,261 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: Creative daytime dishes & fresh-squeezed OJ share menu space with lunch faves at this buzzy local hot-spot with a comfortable vibe.
Jersey City, New Jersey
“another hit”
Reviewed 22 November 2013

Just like it's sister, Butterfields, the menu and ambiance are wonderful. This property is a bit more intimate, if you can call a hopping breakfast place "intimate", but the food, staff and service were wonderful.

2 Thank Michael W

Thousand Oaks, California
“Be prepared for the best breakfast of your life!”
Reviewed 14 November 2013

My friends and I were in town on business and we were only going to have one day where we would have time for breakfast. I picked Butters because of the great reviews, and we are so glad we did.

Five stars is not enough for this place.

First we were greeted by the owner. The family is from Chicago and they have been in the restaurant business for many decades. He made us feel so at home.

For those that love omelettes, without a doubt they make THE FLUFFIEST omelets I have ever had. Just beautiful and delicious.

On to the Pancakes- you CAN NOT go here without having the pancakes.

I ordered the Pecan Pancakes and they were fantastic.

One of my friends had Strawberry Pancakes and said they were heavenly.

Chocolate Chip Pancakes were scrumptious.

Then the owner brought us out the MOST DELICIOUS Vanilla Bean "icing" to put on the pancakes. He said they make it for the Wild Berry Pancakes but he said we had to try it.
Holy Smokes I could live on that stuff. They make it by grinding fresh vanilla beans.....
Need I say more.

My one friend said it was "The Best Breakfast of her life".

I have to say its definitely up there as my best all time breakfast as well.

I hope we have to go back to Scottsdale soon. Butters will be at the top of our list!

4 Thank D W
Seekonk, Massachusetts
“Butter"s Cafe offers awesome breakfast (...and don't confuse it with Butterfield's)”
Reviewed 14 November 2013

First of all, there's THIS place, Butter's Café, and there's also Butterfield's Pancake House, both in Scottsdale. I originally intended for us to go to Butterfield's, but when I plugged the name in the Garmin to pull up breakfast places, this place came up first, and without realizing it, I chose this place - GLAD I DID! (We never did go to Butterfield's, but we did come back here a second time before we left Scottsdale!)

This place has a huge menu, there's something for everyone, from the big eater to the picky, tiny-meal eater. Crepes, Belgian waffles, "Bennys", omelets, scrambles, everything! I had the Popeye's scramble the first time and the regular old 2-eggs-bacon-toast-homefries- orange juice the second time we came. My husband had the eggs Benedict with hash the first time around and the Popeye's scramble the second time we visited. 5 stars on everything, well, except the homefries, I would give them a 3 - need to add some onion or garlic or basil or something...

The bread tastes homemade, is thick-cut, light and toasts well. Eggs were as light as clouds, even in the scramble which was chock full of spinach, onions and bacon. Note: If you order eggs over medium, you will find you eggs a little crunchy on the edges - not something that I particularly like, but I chalked that up to regional differences in what "over medium" is supposed to be.

My husband loved his eggs benedict and thought the hash was pretty good. The coffee was great and readily refilled by our waitress. Fruit juices are pretty expensive @ $3.39 for about 12 oz., however, it did taste like fresh squeezed. Bacon was thick cut and cooked to what I would consider medium "doneness".

If there were a Butter's in the Providence/Fall River area and if they could duplicate the food we had at Butter's in Scottsdale, I would be there at least once a week.

Our first breakfast came in at $34.10 without tip and our second was $30.51 without tip, so it's not cheap, but it's worth it at least once in awhile!

4 Thank MrsCaptain93
Pennsylvania
“Forget the tourist traps. This is the best breakfast in the area.”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Not sure what i can say. This is by far the best breakfast joint in the area. I would eat here every day if I could.

My wife has the Berry Bliss french toast with vanilla mascarpone, drizzled with berry glaze and served with fresh berries. It was amazing. My son opted for the Smores pancakes. They looked like a belly ache just looking at them but OMG what a wonderful taste and kids love that stuff. I myself had the scrambler with chorizo. Absolutely delicious.

The dining area is very nice, the freshly made OJ is ridiculously good. I could drink that all day long. Everything about this place is just fantastic. Great staff, great atmosphere and the food as Ive already said is top notch and delicious.

3 Thank davebressi
Memphis
“Must go. Outstanding fresh food.”
Reviewed 8 November 2013 via mobile

Great service, great food, great ambiance, great price and fresh ingredients. Why wouldn't you want to go. And yes, with an omellette, upgrade to a specially pancake side for 99 cents. You do not have to buy them separate. They tell you this and came to the table to make sure l knew. 20 minute wait on a working Friday morning. Worth it every minute and dollar.

4 Thank jogijogi99