“Bad concert venue”

Talking Stick Resort Casino
Ranked #19 of 165 things to do in Scottsdale
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Went to see Michael McDonald. Problem was, the concert was in the main Ballroom. The room was arranged with convention seating chairs on a flat floor. If you were more than 10 -15 rows back from the front, getting a good view of the performers is challenging... And gets worse as you go further back, and just plain bad if you happen to be average height (I'm 5.9) because of the person in front of you sitting at the same level. There are other venues in the Casino, but if your concert is in the main ballroom, be sure to get a seat way up front. Otherwise, for my money, it was not a good concert venue.

3  Thank dougle96
There are newer reviews for Talking Stick Resort Casino

Reviewed 28 March 2014

We went to Talking Stick to see George Thorogood in concert. Parking was easy. The seating in the theatre was great. We were in the mezzanine and had a very good view of the stage and comfortable seats. Bars were located nearby for refreshments but servers brought drinks to people on the first floor throughout the concert. The selection of cocktails was impressive and the drinks, while not cheap, were quite good. After the concert we spent some time in the casino and had a lot of fun. There are staff keeping a good eye on the floor but I never felt "watched." I would definitely attend another concert at Talking Stick and I would spend more time in the casino. Parking and entrance to the casino are free. Concert prices vary according to the performer.

1  Thank Lorraine1065
Reviewed 27 March 2014

The room was nice, fairly quiet rooms, walking thru the lobby to get to elevator is nasty smelling of smoke, as is most of the casino. The large pool is very nice, good service, restaurants have good food and beverages, plenty of out door seating and fresh air.
I was there for a convention, hates walking thru the stench of cigarette smoke, will not attend next time if it is held here. Worst part, I left the maid a tip every day, then I find forced gratuity and forced charged for portage that I didn't use. I had a small carry bag.

1  Thank sungirl22250
Reviewed 20 March 2014

We enjoyed visited the Casino and the brunch buffet during our recent trip to Spring Training baseball. The buffet was very well laid out and the selections and quality were above average for a casino buffet. The next time we visit, we will stay here in lieu of other options.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

Very nice casino but it was small. I guess most casinos will be smaller than the ones in Las Vegas. Very clean. Would recommned