“Conference ”

Talking Stick Resort Casino
Ranked #23 of 169 things to do in Scottsdale
More attraction details
Owner description: You'll love playing your favorite games at Talking Stick Resort™ because we deliver the best casino resort experience in Scottsdale. With more than 50 table games, 800 slot machines and poker tournaments almost every day, it's thrilling gaming all in one place. Our Arena Poker Room is home to the Arizona State Poker Championship, featuring a prize pool of over $1,000,000 every August. Join a poker tournament
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

I attended a conference at this resort. The conference facilities were very good. I did not stay at the hotel. The casino is smokey and doesn't have a great casino feel to it. Overall it was ok.

All reviews
in 26 reviews
"showroom"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed 31 May 2014

My review of Talking Stick Resort casino & hotel comes with a lot of credibility because you can see that I have reviewed many other casino hotels on TA. We always try to stay at the nicest casino hotels when we travel and we always stay in a suite. This was by far our worst casino hotel experience ever.

I don’t care how “upscale” this place appears in advertisements and on their web site, the entire hotel, including our room, was filthy. Dust and dirt accumulated along the base boards, carpets soiled and coming apart at the seams, q-tips and filth in the hallways, MOLDY GROUT in the shower, bath fan not working, bath rug worn out, we could not believe what we were seeing !

Our executive “suite” was nothing more than an average size hotel room and we could not even enjoy our balcony because the building is so poorly designed that the balconies have no privacy whatsoever from the balcony of the adjacent room. Our neighbors were constantly out on their balcony and so we could not even enjoy a little private time out on our balcony. What a lousy design !

But even worse was the behavior of the employees and the card dealers.

The women who checked us in was so confused about how to get to our room that it took her about 5 minutes to figure out where our room was located. At one point she actually had to go look at Blue Prints of the property printed on huge sheets just to figure out how to explain the way to our room.

The walk from our car in the parking lot to our room was the longest we've ever experienced, about 1,200 feet and through the casino, yes, THROUGH THE CASINO ! We actually had to carry our bags between rows of slot machines to get to our room. Even if you choose to valet park it's a very long walk through the casino to the rooms in the hotel.

When we finally found the elevators we asked an employee if there was a faster way to our room to which he replied: NO. Then, he rudely suggested that we might like it better at the Hampton Inn down the street. We have never been spoken to so rudely by a hotel employee !

In the elevator we could not find a button for our floor. We had to get back out of the elevator and hunt down an employee who informed us that the 12th floor is numbered C1 and the 13th floor is numbered C2. Wow, how incredibly stupid ! and the woman who checked us in did not bother to tell us that.

I love playing blackjack and I have never witnessed a shouting match at a blackjack table and here on a Thursday night I witnessed TWO such incidents that easily could have turned into fist fights including one at the table where I was playing ! Sitting near angry drunken men screaming the F word at each other is not what I call a good time. I kept wondering why the dealers and pit bosses were tolerating this behavior and I think the answer is the same for everyone working there, the management is terrible and they are letting the place go to hell.

This pace is so sleazy that by 10:30 in the evening on a Thursday night two skimpy dressed strippers sat at my blackjack table and encouraged strangers to place bets for them. The dealer had to keep telling the strippers that they had to “touch” the money before he would accept their bets. How do I know they were strippers? Because they only played hands when someone placed bets for them and they spent the rest of their time sitting out hands and talking out loud about the club where they strip and using filthy language and talking about having sex with the customers at their strip club. It does not get much sleazier than that so I had to leave the blackjack table where I was having a run of good luck and move to another table. Once again, the dealer did nothing to control the situation.

We could not even get out of this place at 7:30 in the morning without being offended one last time by a drunken woman sitting on a man’s lap at a bar who was yelling at people in the casino including at us. Of course, if we did not have to walk back through the casino to get out to our car the drunk woman would not have an opportunity to yell at us from the bar. Once again, management did nothing to stop her.

Forget about luck gambling, you’ll need luck here just to survive the walk to your room, the filth in the hallway and in your room, and you’ll be lucky if you don’t witness a fight in the casino. Best to just stay away, take it from me.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

The Talking Stick should take some lessons from Las Vegas. The casino is incredibly smokey. The air did not circulate and we couldn't stay to gamble. Our eyes were watering and we had to leave after only 30 minutes.

1  Thank ergo1727
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

Did not get to use the casino or the pool due to a business trip but the room was spacious and modern. The cafe 270 had fabulous views and excellent has fed steak.

See more reviews
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Absolutely horrible service. We flew in from FL and arrived at the hotel before 9:30am. We were told we weren't guaranteed a room until 4pm, but figured that was fine because we planned to check our bags and hit the Sunday pool party that they advertised on the website as free to guests. Only this week, it was a $20 mandatory cover, 6000 person rave. This was not on the website, nor was it mentioned while booking our rooms. One of the rooms became available so we decided to put all of our bags in that room, except they lost some of our luggage for over 25 min.
We were still determined to have a good time, so we forked over the $20 per person and hit the pool, specifically asking if we were allowed to leave and re-enter. We were told "Yes, absolutely, that's why we give you bands". Upon leaving to go to check to see why one of the rooms was still not ready, the people at the gate said we were not allowed to re-enter if we left.
There is a complete lack of communication between the various departments and the front desk staff was rude and condescending. Unfortunately for her, I was one of at least 10 different people that I saw complaining about the pool party and lack of ability to check into a room before 4pm. I would have gladly left early this morning if the rooms had not already been pre-paid and non-refundable. I would never return or recommend this hotel.

2  Thank Amumaw