“A peaceful oasis in the desert”

The Westin Kierland Villas
Ranked #4 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 3 September 2012

My wife and I are Westin vacation owners and received an offer from Westin we couldn't refuse. We stayed four nights and five days in room 7405. Our concierge, Kevin, was extremely helpful and got us a quiet room facing the golf course. The only thing we heard our entire stay were the blackbirds..LOL

The room was very well appointed with a small kitchenette, dining table, living room w/sleeper sofa, roomy bathroom and separate bedroom w/patio. We slept very well on the heavenly king size bed. The bathroom, however, needed a really good deep cleaning. It was apparent that some spots were missed. Otherwise the room was just fine.

The gym was small, but adequate. It has several tread mills, free weights, various weight machines, bike machines and ellipticles.

We had a few meals at the resort's McDowell Market and were pleasantly surprised by the great food. We highly recommend the Margarita pizza. Please explore your culinary options because there is a plethora of eating establishments within blocks of the hotel. A convenient hotel shuttle will take you there.

The hotel staff was extremely helpful and always offered assistance throughout our stay. Kudos to the staff. We'll definitely consider staying there again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Scott_Caldwell, General Manager at The Westin Kierland Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2012

Thank you for your feedback from your recent stay. I'm glad you enjoyed yourself and especially pleased you found our team helpful and friendly. I continue to hear compliments on our heavenly beds. We upgraded last year to all King beds in our bedrooms. I appreciate the feedback regarding your bathroom. I will share that with our housekeeeping team to insure we don't allow rooms to be rented that aren't completely clean.

I also am happy to know you recommend our Market for dining. There are many more choices very close also, as you mention. I hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 2 September 2012

We spent one night in two one bedroom suites in late August 2012. Our family of 6 was on the way back from a trip to the National Parks (grand canyon, zion and bryce). Scottsdale was very nice and the hotel was fantastic. We loved the pools. Even though it was 109 degrees (air temp) and the water was very warm, we enjoyed the pools very much. The rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable. Corey gave us excellent service at the front desk. The concierges were pretty helpful too. I would highly recommend this to any families looking for a well priced, enjoyable vacation destination.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

It sounds like you had a great vacation. Thank you for staying with us in Scottsdale. The pools are a great way to relaxe after spending time exploring. I am glad to hear Corey made such a nice impression. Thank you for the recommendation. I hope you get a chance to return soon.

Reviewed 1 September 2012

Our family of 4 stayed in a one-bedroom "premium" villa for 3 nights July 5 to July 8, 2012. The villa was great. It was modern, fresh, clean, and nicely decorated, with good views of the golf course. The resort grounds, pools, and the small on-site "market" restaurant were all excellent.
It was also nice to walk over to the adjacent Westin Kierland Resort for additional pools, water slide, and a lazy river. There is great shopping and lots of restaurants within a 2 to 5 minute drive. There is also a Safeway grocery store within a very short drive, so you can stock your fridge.
We would love to stay here again. Great place, and very reasonably priced.
Enjoy your trip.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank travelerLondonON

Thank you very much for staying with us in July. I am pleased you found the rooms both functional and comfortable. I often hear how great comments about our location. Many enjoy our large rooms and access to the great golf and spa of The Westin Kierland Resort.

I hope when you return, you will let me know if I can assist in any way.

Reviewed 27 August 2012

We had a great time at the Villas and I would recommend this hotel to anyone travelling with children of any age. This is a time-share resort, but we booked online and were visiting as regular hotel guests. They don’t force you into a sales seminar, but it is mentioned at their every opportunity.

The Westin Villas resort does not have a real restaurant, lobby bar or spa, but you can walk or be shuttled to the regular Westin next door, which has all of those, plus a larger pool and lazy river. It’s difficult to compare this resort to some of the more luxurious properties in the area, but where it lacks in luxury it makes up in function. The closed off bedroom, large balcony, fully equipped kitchen and in-room laundry facilities are all things that made travelling with a baby very easy.

Most of the rooms either face the golf course or the pool, so pick your poison between arrant golf balls and screaming kids. The location of the resort is ideal with Kierland Commons, Scottsdale Quarter and Kierland Village shopping complexes all within a couple kms.

Room Tip: They have great grilling stations outside each building, so plan a BBQ dinner one night
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

I'm very happy to hear you and your family had a great time at The Westin Kierland Villas. Thank your for choosing us and for sharing your thoughts. I agree that the extra features in our rooms are perfect for traveling families. I hope you can return soon.

Reviewed 22 August 2012

This was my third visit to the Westin Villas. This visit I stayed in a large one bedroom superior. I really like the decor in the Villas, the rooms are modern, clean and well kept. I have always had a nice balcony equipped with a fan, and I did this time as well. As owners we go into the villas with certain expectations. This time was actually the first time things were not just as expected. For example, the villas come with an equipped kitchen and a starter set of dish soap, dishwasher tabs, etc. This time, however, no soaps. I assumed this was an owner's cutback, but midweek I inquired at the front desk and apparently this was just an oversight on the part of housekeeping. This resort is beautiful and has two great pools. The adult pool is open 24 hours which is wonderful. Overall, we found the service at the resort friendly, but it appeared they were short staffed particularly servers at the pool. The conceirge agents are exceptional. Check in was smooth and they accomodated an early arrival which was much appreciated. At check in, however, I was asked by the agent if I would like to forego the midweek cleaning service from housekeeping in exchange for additional starpoints. I agreed, but when I arrived home and checked my SPG account I noticed the starpoints were not placed into my account. I called the Villa's front desk to inquire about this and was told someone would call me back--they have not done so. I have contacted SPG directly about this matter and am hopeful it will be resolved, but I am disappointed in the lack of attentiveness to my concern about this matter.

Room Tip: Ask for a golf course view from the balcony if you want a quiet room. If you want to keep an eye on...
1  Thank RMG66
Scott_Caldwell, General Manager at The Westin Kierland Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2012

Thank you for your feedback, both in what you enjoy here and what we could improve. We have actually increased our staffing around the pool, so I was dissappointed we didn't meet your expectations. I will revisit this with our team to insure we are continually available.

Starpoints typically take 10-14 days to post after departure. I hope you now see them, but please contact me if you need additional assistance with this. I apprecaite your loyalty to The Westin Kierland Villas, and expect your next visit with us will be your best yet!

Reviewed 21 August 2012

My husband and I stayed here for our anniversary and had a great stay from beginning to end. The staff was so helpful especially Alison Buckler who gave us some great tips and filled us in on all the great amenities of the resort. Our room was terrific. It was clean and very nicely decorated. The food was delicious too. We really enjoyed how quiet it was. We came home rested and relaxed. Great weekend!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

Happy Anniversary! Thank you for deciding to celebrate it with us. Ali gets lots of praise, and I will be sure to share yours with her. I hope you can join us again soon. Please let me know if I can assist with any future needs.

Reviewed 20 August 2012

The staff at the Villas were so helpful and incredible. It was a beautiful and relaxing place to vacation. We came to the resort not knowing what to pack or expect and they provided everything that we were missing or unaware of. Our plane arrived 9 hours before our check in time and they gave us a room that far ahead of time. There was a great shuttle that went between the hotel/villas/shopping with friendly, safe, and helpful drivers. Joe Scarzone was our driver most of the week and we enjoyed getting to know him very much, great employee!

1  Thank em_m16_12

I'm so pleased you had such a great stay with us. Many guests share that between having a kitchen and an washer/dryer, traveling is a bit less hectic. I'm glad we were able to find a room to check you in early. That isn't always possible, but we will always try to have your room ready as early as possible.

Joe has a great personality, and I will be sure to share your kind words with him. I hope to see you here again soon!