“Beautiful Villas...almost don't want to leave the room!”

The Westin Kierland Villas
Ranked #4 of 76 Hotels in Scottsdale
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 21 November 2013

This place is GORGEOUS! The villas have everything you could want, the perfect base location for us...it's in Scottsdale...1/2 hour from Phoenix and 1 1/2 hours from Prescott, the 2 other places we were visiting. The amenities are outstanding, I really can't say enough good things about the place. You also have use of facilities at the Westin Kierland hotel and their spa. I highly recommend a stay here!

Room Tip: if you stay above the first floor, you'll have some views from you balcony...although the guy un...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Scott_Caldwell, General Manager at The Westin Kierland Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

I'm very pleased to know you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for the compliments about the rooms. We are in a great location. I hope you will let me know if I can help with a future visit.

Scott Caldwell

Write a ReviewReviews (1,601)

Reviewed 17 November 2013

This was our third time staying at the villas and it was even better than our first stay. The staff is just amazing, always trying to help out. Robin at the café is amazing, always trying to help you out. She is an exceptional person.
This time we were in the building 7, I didn't like it so much as it seems isolated ( i really like building 5). But we still enjoyed all the facilities.
We came to that place especially for the flowridder as my son just loves it. Before leaving I called up the hotel to make sure the flowridder was running, and I was told yes from 11 to 4 pm no problem.... But that is actually not the case.... It is only open from 12 to 1pm, and they will only open it up after that if 5 people or more sign up. Even the sign at the entrance of the pool says flowridder open 11 to 4pm, may be it would be a good idea to change that and also to let ALL the staff know about it so they won't give out the wrong informations. I reported that issue to a couple of persons and apparently the manager was supposed to contact me.... I'm still waiting.... Personally, I think the staff is doing a much better job than managers....

Room Tip: Building 5 is nicely located closed to the barbecue and pools but still very quiet .
1  Thank lifelight

Thank you for coming back to stay with us again. I will let Robin know she made your stay more special. I'm sorry for the mix up with flowrider. I'll share your thoughts with the resort's managers. I also apologize that you weren't contacted. I'd be happy to discuss this with you, if you would give me a call. Thank you again for you loyalty and your feedback.

Reviewed 15 November 2013

Our 30th anniversary stay at Kierland could not have been better. Staff was ultra friendly and helpful. They also try to get you to take a sales tour which we expected. The one bedroom was just right although frig might have been a bit too cold. Great view of golf course. Buildings 3 and 5 face the center of the resort with balcony's that open with views of the Kierland golf course and the mountains to the east- perfect for sunset views.

The golf course staff were also very friendly and this is a first rate Troon course. Only thing missing were caddies. Weekday rate of $149 was well worth it.

• Stayed: November 2013

Congratulations on your 30th anniversary! I always love to hear about the team's friendliness. I hope to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 14 November 2013

We are Starwood owners and stayed at this property for the first time Friday, Nov 1st - Tuesday, Nov 5th. The location of this resort is prime with many restaurants and lots of shopping opportunities nearby. Resort is well maintained throughout, and was quiet during our stay. Front desk staff is very polite and courteous, the concierge was helpful when we asked for specific restaurants to try for Mexican food (La Fonda del Sol) and pizza (Pizzeria Bianco). We were very pleased with the food and atmosphere of both restaurants. We stayed in a small 1 bedroom suite that was disappointing because there is no window in the main area, which makes it feel like a basement. The only window is a sliding glass door to a balcony in the bedroom. Another disappointing issue is that there was only a tub/shower combo with a large skirt and decking material around the tub, that made it somewhat difficult and dangerous to get into each morning. I am average height and I would've felt safer in a separate shower like we have experienced at other Starwood resorts. We did drive over to the Westin Kierland Resort and Spa to check out their lazy river in the pool area, which was enjoyable. A free shuttle is available to and from each location, but we opted to take our own car which was a very short drive. We didn't have any food or drinks at the Villas, except what we brought in ourselves, so I cannot comment on that. We drove into Sedona and used the information sheets provided by the concierge, they were helpful but the suggested stops were not in order of where they are located, it would've been more helpful if they were. This was my second trip to Sedona and it is just as breathtaking as the first time. We took a tour of Frank Lloyd Wright's Taliesin West, which was very interesting. We got into the first tour which was at 9:30 on Sunday, to avoid the later warmer temps and larger crowds, The rest of our stay was relaxing and we enjoyed the wonderful sunshine. We would like to come back to this property but we would prefer to stay in a one bedroom premium suite next time.

Room Tip: Do not stay in the small 1 bedroom if you can help it. The lack of windows and no separate shower re...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gweedetravel49301

Thank you very much for your decision to stay with us. As you mentioned, if you prefer a separate shower and tub, our premium units have that feature. I'm glad you enjoyed the area dining. Those were great choices. I hope to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

We stayed in one of the smaller 1 bedroom suites. Large balcony with nice furniture off the bedroom. No window in the living room so it is darker. Small kitchen. We were in building 6 with a sunset view and overlooking the golf course. I requested that ahead of time. It was nice being near the shopping area and you could walk or take the shuttle. Only a small café/pool bar for a restaurant. The main resort had more restaurants but we never ate there. Many good restaurants in the shopping center. Unlike others I didn't really care for the wine sampling evening. Tony talked a lot about wines we were not sampling so that didn't mean too much to me. There were only 4 small samples that we did try and they were good. Pool area was nice with complimentary ice water delivered to you. I liked the washer and drying in the room. That was very helpful. Nothing going on in the evening but there were many areas with firepits burning that we enjoyed. And many gas grills if you want to grill for dinner.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Scott_Caldwell, General Manager at The Westin Kierland Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Thank you for staying with us recently. I'm glad you enjoyed your time with us. I'm sorry to hear our wine tasting didn't meet your expectations. I hope you will return soon.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

My wife and I have been to this Westin Villas many times and it only gets better and better. The staff is outstanding, friendly and helpful. The location is wonderful and it's so close to everything, The rooms and very well appointed and clean and of course you can't beat the bedding at a Starwoods property. They have pool areas for kids and adults and the staff there are great. Walking around with fresh cold water all day long. Food at the hotel is good too, but within walking distance you have more restaurant to choose from than you can imagine. Shopping too is in walking distance along with the Villas shuttle. The hotel, spa, golf courses and eateries are all there for your use. This is a very relaxing and perfect place to be.

Room Tip: All the rooms are close to the pool
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for your continued loyalty! I appreciate you continuing to return to us again and again. Please let me know if I can assist at all with your future trips to Scottsdale.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

As a couple we enjoy dining, golf, and exploring a new area. This vacation was perfect as it offered much for all of our vacation needs.
We golfed at the resort, which was gorgeous...as well as 2 other local courses. They were each top notch, and the resort offered assistance in getting great pricing at off property locations.
As for dining...we ventured off, but really did not need a vehicle, as there were so many options. The signature restaurant,..Deseo was so great we dined there twice. The second time being the best, we sat at the bar and had random samples(devine) from one of the chefs of the open kitchen...great experience! This accompanied by art from a local artist originally from Cuba.
There were so many other restaurants that were walkable, and recommended, but we were pleased by all.
Many tours available, all in all the perfect vacation.
Only problem was the hard sell to purchase more timeshare.

Room Tip: ask for a room near the adult pool
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review on tripadvisor. The weather in October and November is usually perfect! I will share your praise of deseo with the resort's team and also your comments regarding the timeshare experience. I hope you can return soon.