“Pretty Nice” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Arlington, Virginia
“Pretty Nice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014

It was a lovely spot, tucked away by a golf course, not a lot of traffic,e not a lot of noise. It was a great get-awy and retreat like...the deluxe 1 bedroom was just enough for me. I loved the decor and all the amenities.

Room Tip: ask for the buildings away from the street and pool area
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank CCM_STT
Scott_Caldwell, General Manager at The Westin Kierland Villas, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your comments on tripadvisor. We are fortunate in that we are tucked away in a quiet spot on the golf course, but very close to many great shopping and dining spots. I hope you will come stay with us again very soon.

Scott Caldwell

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (497)
San Clemente, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2014

this is NOT a luxury hotel - average hotel at best. The lobby is the nicest part. Pool and rooms are mediocre. Pool furniture and food were terrible - my kids would not even eat the pizza. Pool was dirty and the place was boring.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank BURKSAM
I'm very sorry to hear we didn't meet your expectations during your stay with us. I don't hear many negative comments regarding our teak pool furniture. We've also finished a pool deck refreshment and I feel our pool experience is great. I invite you to give me a call, and I hope I can convince you to give us another opportunity to give you a great experience. Again, I apologize for not meeting your expectation.

San Jose, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2014

This is a great property. All rooms feature amenities you would normally find in a condo- washing machine/ dryer and a complete kitchenette with cooking utensils. The interiors of the room look modern and hip. The bathroom was huge and had modern fittings. Everything was maintained extremely well.
The swimming pool is open 24 hrs. This is usually especially during the hot summer months.The gym is well equipped for a hotel fitness center.

The only think i didn't not like so much were the hotel grounds and the exterior building facade. Nothing compared to the other Westin resorts i have visited. They were way too simple and dull.This resort would have done great with a coffee shop or bar that had extended hours of operation.

Room Tip: Rooms Facing teh golf coruse are prone to
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank nigds
Thank you for staying with us. I appreciate your feedback, and am sorry to hear you didn't care for our grounds. I'd be happy to discuss any other suggestions you may have that would enhance your experience with us.

Scott Caldwel
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

Stayed here over Christmas 2013. First, the good:
1. The staff are really helpful - we wanted to check in quickly so that we could get our daughter to bed. The chap at reception could not have been more helpful - even playing blocker with the concierge service to ensure that we could get to our room asap.
2. Concierge was really helpful when we finally spoke to her. Made a number of appropriate restaurant recommendations and was always willing to help with any requests that we made.
3. The resort amenities (particularly the golf) looked extensive and well kept. Unfortunately, the relatively cold weather kept us out of the pool and off the golf course.
The less good:
1. I was really disappointed with the room layout. While all the amenities were as one would expect in a Westin Resort, the one bedroom villa layout that we had meant that there was no window in the living room area. With a child sleeping in the bedroom, it felt like spending one's evenings in a box room. Throw in the noise of the washing machine and dishwasher and it was awful. I'm sure that there are alternative configurations available but I would recommend avoiding this one at all costs.
2. Aside from the golf course, it is quite developed around the hotel. Great for popping out to get some dinner or go shopping - less good if one wants to feel that one has got away from it all.

Room Tip: Make sure that your living room has a window
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Daaxs S
I'm happy you enjoyed the staff and amenities. I'm sorry the weather kept you from enjoying the pool and golf. I apologize your room layout didn't work for you. We do have a larger unit if that would work better for your next visit. Thank you for all your comments.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014

Spotlessly, lovely hotel with great golf course. Good shopping and many restaurants within walking distance. I highly recommend this hotel for business or pleasure. Beds are very comfortable and the pool was excellent. A little too cool for sitting by the pool.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank K W
Thank you very much for staying with us and for sharing our comments with your fellow travelors. I hope you will return to Scottsdale soon.

Tinley Park, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013

My husband and I are owners at this resort and usually visit twice a year. Our most recent visit was for 2 weeks the last 2 weeks of October, 2013. My husbands cousin and his wife joined us from Canada. We had an absolutely wonderful visit! We had a 2 bedroom lock off and the rooms were very clean and comfortable.

I can't say enough about how wonderful and attentive the staff was. Everyone we saw always said hello with big smiles. The concierge was great with our requests for dinner reservation, the shuttle and anything we needed.

We love this resort and will always come back.

Room Tip: We love building 3 for a wonderful view of the golf course and mountains.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I am very grateful you are so loyal to The Westin Kierland Villas. I appreciate your great comments about our team. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 December 2013

Stayed over a spring break paying for a suite but was not too happy with it. Hotel was full so i guess we drew the short straw in rooms. The lazy river is great for kids but do rent a cabana as it very crowded, you can reseve well in advance. Over just fine.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank wjj3
Thank you for your stay. Most of our guests are on vacation. The Westin Kierland Resort does host conventions, but I'm sorry you felt too crowded. Please contact me if I can assist with a return trip to Scottsdale.