“Super property!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Eagle, Idaho
“Super property!”
Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed in villa 1/208 and loved the location of the room and all the amenities of the resort. The pools are all fantastic and are designed to meet everyone needs--quiet, family and everything in between. Food prices at the resort are reasonable (compared to other resorts) and there are a ton of options depending on budget. We also found the portions were generous. Deseo is a fantastic restaurant and we highly recommend it. This trip to Scottsdale we decided against renting a car and it worked out perfectly. Adjacent to the resort are two, high end, outdoor shopping malls with great restaurants ( True
Food) and it's a quick 7 min walk. The resort also offers a free shuttle service. We will definitely be back!

Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Dinidaho
Scott_Caldwell, General Manager at The Westin Kierland Villas, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
I'm so happy to hear you enjoyed your vacation with us. Between the amenties of the resort and the shopping and dining of Kierland Commons and Scottsdale Quarter, many of our guests choose not to rent cars. I hope you will be able to join us again soon.

Scott Caldwell

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (510)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 14 February 2014 via mobile

Our family of 5 stayed for 4 nights. The room was spacious and well appointed. We we impressed with many of the little extras and niceties. Our son lost a tooth, and there happened to be a a staff member in the room at the time looking at a sink for us. He must have told someone, because the tooth dairy came to visit while we were out. Absolute joy.
The only issue, some staff appeared not very knowledgable about the resort ( for example, we were directed to go to breakfast at a place on resort grounds that was not even open for breakfast-ever). Overall though, a great place and our new yearly getaway stay.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for deciding to stay with us on your family vacation. I'm glad the tooth fairy was around that day. I appreciate your feedback regarding resort knowledge. We will revisit that with our teams. Please feel free to contact me if I can assist with your trip next year.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 14 February 2014

it is because of this location that we bought into the Starwoods Timeshare program. The location is fantastic and staff is outstanding. I have to stop telling people about it because it is often fully booked and the prices have gone up :-)

Room Tip: I don't think there are bad locations, depends if you want to overlook pools or golf course.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
We truly want Kierland to feel like coming home. I'm pleased you feel that way. Thank you for your feedback on tripadvisor.

Pittsburgh
Reviewed 13 February 2014

We stayed at the Villas first week of February and everything from check in to check out was first rate! At first we had a bottom floor room but it was no problem switching to a top floor with a view. The room was great, very quiet & the bed was really comfortable. The food at McDowell Tavern was delicious - their breakfast sandwich was the best. Work out facilities were very clean & spacious. Unfortunately the weather was in the 60s so we didn't get to use the pool as often as we had hoped. But the one afternoon we layed out the pool side service was great. Definitely will be back to the Villas again!

Room Tip: Request a top floor on the golf side for a great view! Minor inconvenience b/c there is no parking...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
I'm sorry the weather didn't cooperate while you were with us. It's going to be in the mid 80's today. Thank you for your stay and for your comments. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 11 February 2014

It's our 6th or 7th time staying at the Kierland Villas and when schedule allows, the first event we book is the Monday night wine tasting with Tony Miller and his assistant Jen. This is two hours of knowledge about world class wines in a casual setting with other villa guests offering you the opportunity to taste unique wines and appetizers.

Time flies by and you leave feeling full of knowledge with a smile on your face. The opportunity for wine purchase is optional with no pressure. The Wednesday night wine dinner is discussed and although we've not attended on our previous visits, we've booked for this week and we're looking forward to filling up with more wine knowledge and excellent Westin quality cuisine.

....Michigan wine fans

Room Tip: Can't go wrong with a mountain view.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Scott_Caldwell, General Manager at The Westin Kierland Villas, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Thank you very much for continuing to return to The Westin Kierland Villas. Our wine events are favorites. I hope you will return again soon.

Reviewed 7 February 2014

Spent 4 nights here in early February and couldn't have been more impressed. Luxury property with attentive staff and great amenities including 2 pools (adult pool and hot tub open 24 hours). Villas are quiet, clean and spacious. Planned activities are actually interesting and worth participating in. First rate shopping and restaurants nearby and accessible by shuttle if necessary. The Westin Hotel is a leisurely stroll away and you'll have full priviledges at the pools and restaurants. The Kierland golf course is your typical great resort course (Troon) with wide, barrell-shaped fairways, finely manicured, with tough (fast) greens. The bagpipe player at sunset is as picturesque as you can get. Bottom line this is a fantastic luxury spot but be aware that they are in the business of selling ownership in Westin (Starwood) villa properties. While they are not as insistent or rude as others, selling time shares is always a dubious smoke-and-mirror business.
I will return.

Room Tip: Ask for Building 5 which fronts the 18th hole of the golf course.
1 Thank Sangiof
Thank you for deciding to stay with us. I'm very pleased you plan on returning. It sounds like you enjoyed many of our amenities. Please feel free to contact me if I can assist with plans for your next trip.

Reviewed 7 February 2014 via mobile

My husband and I just spent two weeks in Scottsdale @ the Westin Kierland Villas. The room is always clean and we had a view of the golf course.
I went to the Agave Spa @ the main Westin hotel and received two wonderful energy balancing treatments by Cori, she knew her stuff and found out she is the best sports massage therapist in country, if you are lucky enough to get her there will be no regrets. She relieved shoulder pain that I have had for over 15 years. Can't say enough about her.
My husband and I went on a hike on McDowell mountain, our guide Belal was wonderful, he is young and full of energy, I had never hiked before so I was last in line and he stayed right with my husband and I.
So many things to do in the scottsdale area.
check out the. Westin Villas

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
I always like to hear when our guests speak of relaxing and rejuvinating while with us. I've passed your comments along to Cori's manager and will thank Belal for making your hike special. I hope you will return to stay with us soon.