“Best 60th Birthday getaway”

The Westin Kierland Villas
Ranked #3 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
GreenLeadersBronze level
Denver, Colorado
“Best 60th Birthday getaway”
Reviewed 28 February 2014

I made my reservation on line and added in the comments that I was there to celebrate my 60th birthday. I assumed that no one really reads those comments, to be honest. But from the moment I checked in at the front desk, Andy greeted me with a warm smile and congratulated me on my milestone birthday. From there, I stopped at the concierge desk and all three staff (Jenny, Melanie and Alan) made a point to wish me birthday greetings.
I was there for nearly 5 days and no matter where I was on the property, be it on the shuttle or getting a ride from Brady in a golf cart, to learning how to muddle drinks (Muddle Mania Class) at the bar with Guy, everyone was not only wearing a smile, but also made it a point to say hello and ask how my stay was going.
The Villas are awesome as well as the grounds and scenery, but the friendly staff really took it to whole other level.
Best birthday ever! Thank you! :)
Jeanie

1 Thank viaggio4me
Scott_Caldwell, General Manager at The Westin Kierland Villas, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
Thanks very much for celebrating your birthday with us. I'm so glad you had a memorable trip. My favorite comments I read mention members of our team that made a stay special. I appreciate you sharing names. Come back for your next birthday!

Scott Caldwell

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (513)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 28 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed in a corner unit on the second floor with balcony overlooking the golf course. Room was clean, well appointed with a large bathroom. Lovely 10 mins walk to the main hotel. The villas are within walking distance to Kierland Commons, a wonderful outdoor shopping centre. Service at westin Kierland was impeccable throughout our stay. Staff was always friendly and courteous. Already planning our next trip.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
I very much appreciate your glowing comments. Remarks on our staff's friendliness always make my day. Please reach out to me if I can assist in planning your return to Scottsdale and Kierland.

Reviewed 27 February 2014

I selected this resort since my husband and daughter came along with me on a business trip. I cannot say enough about how GREAT we were treated by all members of the staff. I would like to say thanks to one staff member in particular, Brittney ( ? spelling) from the Mining Co kids club. She treated our 4 year old daughter like she was the only child there.
Our daughter loved the kids club pajama party sooo much that she needed to go back a second night in a row. And again, my husband and I were wowed by how much fun she had.
I was attending my conference during the day on Saturday when my phone vibrated with a text from my husband. He sent me a text and posted it on Facebook that our daughter was able to convience the pool staff to open an hour early. I cannot say enough wonderful things about the property, food, and staff. My husband asked as we headed to the airport when the next conference in Scottsdale was so he could start planning his return trip.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Villas since the main hotel was fully booked. Even though it is slightly more expe...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
I'm happy your family had a great time during your conference. Our guests enjoy the many additional options they have at The Westin Kierland Resort. I will forward your praise to Brittney's manager. I hope you will be back in the area soon. Please let me know if I can assist in making it more special.

philadelphia, pa
Reviewed 26 February 2014

My husband and I own a timeshare at Westin Kierland Villas. We enjoy the Phoenix/Scottsdale area and this hotel is convenient for activities in both towns.The villas themselves are lovely and well-maintained. The staff is wonderful! If you go, try to get reservations for the beer/wine dinner. The food is very good and the pairings with beer and wine are well-done. There is also a wine tasting evening. The cost was $17.50 and it was a bargain. The wine steward was so very knowledgeable about wine, wine growing, storing wine, etc. There are plenty of activities for children and there is a separate pool for those of us who want peace and quiet. The rooms overlooking the golf course have the best views.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the golf course. If you like to sit on the deck, ask for a room on the se...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pat60
Thank you very much for sharing your thoughts on tripadvisor. We are adding additional activities for both adults and children. Our wine events are also great opportunites for our guests to mingle with each other. We have several groups that now plan trips together after meeting at a wine dinner. I hope you will be back with us soon.

East Amherst, NY
Reviewed 21 February 2014

We recently returned from another stay at the Westin Kierland Villas. We had a wonderful two bedroom lockoff overlooking the golf course. The rooms are immaculate and the grounds are beautiful. The staff always go out if their way to help you with anything you need. The manager, Mr. Caldwell, does a wonderful job at this resort. We also attended the wine pairing dinner, which is always great. We are looking forward to our next stay.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Scott_Caldwell, General Manager at The Westin Kierland Villas, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Thank you very much for returning again and for your kind words. I appreciate your comments regarding our team and am happy you were able to attend one of our wine events. I look forward to your swift return.

Johns Island, South Carolina
Reviewed 16 February 2014

No other Starwood Timeshare properties can compete with the Westin Kierland Villas! Accommodations, staff, pools, activities, restaurant, and location are SPOT ON! My compliments and congratulations to Mr. Caldwell, "Manager Extraordinaire", & his entire staff for maintaining such a high level of guest satisfaction over the past ten years! Our third visit and the resort property only gets better each time. Participated in the wine dinner with Tony last week (Feb. 2014) and now have added another "Must Do" to our list when we return! Awesome!

Room Tip: We loved the rooms facing the golf course. Fabulous sunset views.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Scott_Caldwell, General Manager at The Westin Kierland Villas, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Thank you for your very kind words. I'm pleased you feel confident in returning again and again. Our wine events continue to be among the must try activities. I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Eagle, Idaho
Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed in villa 1/208 and loved the location of the room and all the amenities of the resort. The pools are all fantastic and are designed to meet everyone needs--quiet, family and everything in between. Food prices at the resort are reasonable (compared to other resorts) and there are a ton of options depending on budget. We also found the portions were generous. Deseo is a fantastic restaurant and we highly recommend it. This trip to Scottsdale we decided against renting a car and it worked out perfectly. Adjacent to the resort are two, high end, outdoor shopping malls with great restaurants ( True
Food) and it's a quick 7 min walk. The resort also offers a free shuttle service. We will definitely be back!

Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Dinidaho
I'm so happy to hear you enjoyed your vacation with us. Between the amenties of the resort and the shopping and dining of Kierland Commons and Scottsdale Quarter, many of our guests choose not to rent cars. I hope you will be able to join us again soon.