The Westin Kierland Villas
US$135
  • Pool
La Quinta Inn & Suites Phoenix Scottsdale(Scottsdale)(Great Value!)
US$113
Hyatt Place Scottsdale/Old Town(Scottsdale)(Great Value!)
US$159
US$142
US$199
US$179
Hotels.com
  • Pool
The Scottsdale Resort at McCormick Ranch(Scottsdale)(Great Value!)
US$251
US$205
US$164
3 Palms Hotel(Scottsdale)(Great Value!)
US$84
  • Restaurant
US$428
US$386
1,627 results
All reviewslazy riverrelaxation poolwine dinnertony millergolf coursemarket grillpremium villastarwood vacationstarwood ownersbedroom villamain resorttime sharefun teamscottsdale quarterhotel poolvacation ownershipfull kitchen
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 March 2014

We were here 4 nights/5 days because we bought their Explorer package which is their way of letting a potential timeshare client explore the villas for a few days before they decide whether to buy one of their timeshare packages. We have mixed feelings because it was a huge hassle to get a reservation except in the hot summer months. We were never told it would be near impossible to get a reservation during prime time when Spring baseball training was going on. With that said, we were able one year in advance to get a prime time room. The grounds were very nicely maintained. Two small pools(one for kids/adults and one adults only), a putting green and a very small venue where you could buy breakfast and lunch items, nothing fancy. All the restaurants were in the hotel which was somewhat of a long walk especially in the evening. Trying to get a reservation in their two nicer restaurants was impossible until after 8PM every night we were there so we had to eat off site. Very disappointing. We did enjoy the pools at the hotel and the river pool. Very relaxing area. Enjoyed the adult pool and the service was very adequate even though crowded. The villa one bedroom was about on par with an Embassy Suites suite. Just a lot pricier. There was no walkin shower and you had to take a giant step to get in and out of the tub/shower. Very disappointing. One sink. Very disappointing. The coffee maker didn't work in our room. Each day all you were given was one small bottle of shampoo/conditioner and a small bar of soap. Our maid service didn't come until after 3PM and the last day they weren't there until after 4PM so we had to turn them away as we were in the middle of getting ready to go out for the evening. So no new towels, bed service, etc. Very disappointing.

The golf courses looked absolutely beautiful but are priced for tourists who haven't golfed all winter and need a fix and can'r resist. We ate lunch at the golf course restaurant and the waiter we had was so indifferent and could have cared less we were there. Another customer came in after us and was treated just as rudely and nearly left. Other than three other tables being occupied we were the only people there and he only had to wait on two tables! Very disappointing. But the ambiance at the golf course was quite nice and we enjoyed the views.

We would not return to the Villas given the premium price and lack of services and amenities. The hotel is much more to our liking even if the rooms are less spacious. At least you get better service and amenities and you are so much closer to pools, restaurants, golf course.

Room Tip: Because timeshare people get priority I would be skeptical if you could get any room on first floor or with a good view. We were on 2nd floor in building seven and our view looked into trees. The people above us were very loud when they walked so you may want to get a top floor if possible.
1  Thank dps_Sedona
Scott_Caldwell, General Manager at The Westin Kierland Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Thank you for your recent stay and for posting your thoughts. I apologize for the service shortcomings you mentioned. Our housekeepers should always give you extra amenities if you require, and we try to adjust our cleaning times if we are aware of requests. If you do decide to come back to Scottsdale, I hope you will contact me and I will do my best to give you a great experience.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

It's a great spot for sure with nice property and location...rooms and common areas nicely appointed and maintained. I'd won't return as was disappointed by two things: 1. Rented a premier cabana and got such poor service...why not dedicate staff just to cabanas?...I got myself towels, drinks, rid of trash and own amenities (I realize not end of world problems)...not sure why paid the $200...not worth it. 2. Constant concierge sales pitches when asking for help from them!! Total wrong approach and completely cheapend the experience and reason we won't return...not interested in constantly defending my decisions to not buy a time share. Hello Phoenician!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for sharing your comments. I'm sorry we didn't meet your expectations with the issues you mentioned. I'm not sure if you stayed with us at The Westin Kierland Villas or at the Resort. Our cabanas rent for $25 and $75. Perhaps you used the resort's cabanas. I will share your concerns with our concierge manager. Their role is to provide great service and you should never feel any pressure from them. I would be happy to talk more about this if you would like to call me. I hope we can regain your trust.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

A perfect spot for spring training, dining, shopping and lazing around. We always thoroughly enjoy our stay here and are never disappointed. Great service. Great accommodations...particularly love the shower. Only drawback: the coffee machine is nearly impossible to master. The shuttle driver (another wonderful feature) said it is a common complaint and explained to us the nuances. Unfortunately we were checking out and didn't have a chance to try again. There are directions in the room but neither one of us could master the task. Our waiter at brunch was less than stellar shall we say...but the manager did right by us so no complaints.

Room Tip: try to over look the golf course rather than the recreational pool if you are looking for some peace and quiet
1  Thank GeorgiBG
Scott_Caldwell, General Manager at The Westin Kierland Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

Thank you for your comments on tripadvisor. I appreciate your loyalty in continuing to return. We will revisit our instructions for the coffeemaker to see if we can avoid that issue your next trip to Scottsdale.

Reviewed 18 March 2014

My room was clean and comfortable. No problems. The hotel grounds are beautiful. I like that parking was free. They also let me check I at 10:00 am for no additional charge. When checking in that early, I had to take what was available, in this case it was a room with two double beds. Which was fine with me. My room had a small balcony with a golf course view. They had a bagpipe player on Sunday night which was a nice touch. I was there during baseball spring training. It seemed like a popular place for baseball fans to stay. An addition, the hotel seemed to have a lot of families in it. That was not a problem for me. There seemed to be plenty of dining options at the shopping area a short walk away. Be sure to visit the concierge before heading over for the list of discounts available for hotel guest. Overall it is a great stay.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank relax77

I'm very happy you enjoyed your trip to Scottsdale. I think you may have stayed at The Westin Kierland Resort. We have only king beds in our Villas. I will be sure to pass your comments. Please feel free to reach out to me if you would ever like to experience our property.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

We stayed two nights. We were in building 6 on the fourth floor and had a view of the golf course and mountains behind.
Check in and check out went very smoothly. The staff was accommodating.
We had one bedroom apartment. The kitchen was well equipped. Very large bathroom.
Due to the weather we did not use the pool.
Nice walk along the golf course.
Good shopping center nearby.

Room Tip: would not want a room with view of the pools or parking lot.
1  Thank mflyon
Scott_Caldwell, General Manager at The Westin Kierland Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

I'm happy you enjoyed your time with us. I appreciate your comments and hope you can return soon.