“Girlfriend get away”

Ranked #3 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Girlfriend get away”
Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the Kierland Villas this last week and I must say this resort was a very pleasant surprise. From the moment we checked in and through out our 5 day stay the service was perfect. Every one went out of their way to make sure all was well with our stay. Restaurants on site were very good as well as the convenience Markets at both the hotel and villa sites. The accommodations of the villa were perfect. Nice living area with a kitchenette that was nicely appointed. There were several grill areas that were close to our villa to use if we wished. Our villa faced the golf course and had a good sized balcony with a love seat and two chairs with comfy cushions. Bathroom was huge with whirlpool tub, nice towels and toiletries. We walked between both the Hotel and villa properties daily and used both pool areas. Their spa was lovely and took advantage of some facials. All in all a very positive experience. Definitely would go back.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank JoAnne E
Scott_Caldwell, General Manager at The Westin Kierland Villas, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Thank you so much for your comments on tripadvisor. I'm very pleased you were pampered during your stay. I look forward to meeting you when you return.

Scott Caldwell

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (510)
Katy, Texas
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I was desperate to be able to write an awesome review of our recent stay but unfortunately that was dashed when one afternoon jack hammering started beside the relaxation pool. I understand that repairs need to be made but to not inform the guests of what was happening is a complete disregard of the comfort of people hoping to enjoy the beautiful weather by the pool. There was not even any point in me going to our room because we were in building 1 and the noise would have been as intrusive as staying where we were. The dust was bad too. If I had known about the work that had been scheduled I would not have reserved a cabana for that day and had made other arrangements for my day.

Apart from that our stay was very good. As usual Robin and the pool staff were fantastic - friendly and helpful! Andy on the front desk was very friendly and helpful when we checked in early on our arrival day and Jenny on the concierge was very nice too. I like the renovations done to the relaxation pool - only thing I would say is that once the sun hits the decking it becomes very hot and almost impossible to walk on! It would be nice if a clock could be situated somewhere around the relaxation pool (my husband asked me to put this in my review!!)

We will be back in September and we are looking forward to it!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback. I appreciate your loyalty and apologize for the disruption. We were updating areas of our American's with Disabilities access and the work had been scheduled to be complete the prior week. The contractor was delayed and we failed to update our schedule. I will take a look for a spot we could display a clock around our relaxation pool. I look forward to providing the opportunity for that awesome review in September.

Chilliwack, Canada
Reviewed 15 May 2014

We absolutely love this place.... It is so beautiful from the setting on the golf course to the pools to the staff!!! The decor is gorgeous. We love the larger one bedroom as it is brighter but they did a fantastic job with the smaller units too. They have king beds and a washer and dryer too. We are in building 5 overlooking the golf course. It is our 35th anniversary and they have really gone out of their way to make it special. Thanks Vanessa for the wine and also the champagne!!! The concierge is awesome with their recommendations for dinner etc!! We can't wait to come back next year!!!!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Scott_Caldwell, General Manager at The Westin Kierland Villas, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Congratulations and thank you for celebrating your anniversary with us! I'm so glad you were able to have a memorable stay, and look forward to your return next year.

Evansville, Indiana
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Golf, swimming pools, shopping, sun bathing, spa, dining options, cookouts, relaxations, views, casual graceful surroundings....want anything else? This is you week+ vacation spot. Highly recommend to all, especially families. Located near Phoenix, easy to get to all winter attractions.

Room Tip: Overlooking golf course and mountains
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
We are fortunate to be in such a great location, and I'm pleased you were able to experience so much while you were with us. Thank you for your recommendation and I hope you will return soon.

Ellington, Connecticut
Reviewed 7 May 2014

This was our first vacation with our 2 year old son, and we had a great stay!! Anytime we asked for something it happened, and fast. Great pools, access to the main resort. We had the smaller room and it was still great for what we needed. Would highly recommend these villas!!!

Green Features: They have single stream recycling in the rooms with a handy guide.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank griff060
Scott_Caldwell, General Manager at The Westin Kierland Villas, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
I appreciate you choosing us for your first family vacation! I hope it will be a regular trip as your son grows. Thank you for sharing your experience on tripadvisor, and I hope to see you again soon.

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 7 May 2014

This was our second stay at the Westin Villas and we thoroughly enjoyed our time at the resort.
The facilities are well maintained and the staff did meet our few requests promptly and in a courteous manner.
Our Premium Suite was very spacious, clean and well equipped.
The snacks at the pool side or late evening meals at the McDowell Market & Grill are always well prepared and efficiently served by friendly staff... Trisha, is a true delight and makes everyone feel welcome while she is working very hard.
We would question the house-keeping practice of washing down the balcony on the upper floor if the unit below is occupied; makes for a rather unpleasant experience when sitting on your own outdoor patio.

Room Tip: Avoid Rooms # 6113 to 6116 in front of the "Family / Guest BBQ" which can get quite lively...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for returning to stay with us again. I'm pleased to know you enjoyed your time and will thank Trisha for making a great impression. I will talk with my housekeeping team to find a better way to clean the balcony. I agree it shouldn't be noticed by other rooms. Thank you for the suggestion and I hope you will be back in Scottsdale soon.

Dit Hills
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Spent 7 nights at the villas, enjoyed a wonderful 1 Bedroom suite with golf course views. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Short walk to the golf course and hotel. Nice to have shopping walking distance from the resort as well as other dining options.
Deseo at the hotel was fantastic. If you go try to be seated at the rail and watch the wonderful dishes be prepared and plated in front of your eyes. Must try the lobster tacos, YUM.
Both the villas and hotel have adult only pools and tons of activities at the "adventure" pools for kids and families.
The spa at the hotel was also great,, had a couples massage with my wife. Also a great experience.
If you have the time take a ride to Sedona, its well worth the trip

Room Tip: Golf course view away from the pools
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Mark11746
Thank you for your review and for staying with us. I always enjoy reading great comments about our team. The rail in Deseo is a great suggestion. Please feel free to contact me if I can assist any plans for your next trip to Kierland.