“Nice hotel with a good location”

The Westin Kierland Villas
Ranked #4 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

We spent 5 days here in June. The hotel, grounds and pools are very nice. Great service at the pool. There was activities going on constantly for the kids. My 11 and 12 year olds had a blast. The rooms at the villa are spacious and modern. Great bedding. There is a large outdoor mall within walking distance. This mall has a movie theatre with lazy boys and a waiter and bar service. So fun for the kids and adults!
We would return to this hotel. It also has lots of space for events and beautiful views.

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Jane E
Scott_Caldwell, General Manager at The Westin Kierland Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Thank you for your stay with us this June. We see lots of families this time of year and I'm happy to hear your children had fun. I hope you will return soon.

There are newer reviews for The Westin Kierland Villas

Reviewed 30 June 2014

We stayed in a studio in April. Beautiful grounds and facility. Our room overlooked the golf course and we especially enjoyed having our morning coffee on the porch. Loved having access to a quiet pool and availability for a kid's pool, had we had need for it. We had a casual dinner a couple of times at the poolside bar/restaurant -- food was good, prices reasonable -- and very convenient.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JoAn W

Thank you for sharing your comments on tripadvisor. It sounds like you had a relaxing vacation as a couple. I hope we can welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

We own at this timeshare and were able to come back to this property with the family for vacation. The property certainly has had excellent upkeep over the years. We enjoyed our golf course view room which offered us quiet mornings and peaceful evenings.
Kids enjoyed the pools both at the villas and at the hotel. We alternated based on the kids preferences.
The free wifi is always a great perk to staying at this property but we were disappointed that we had to pay at the hotel. Not sure if something could be done in the future, even if villa owners could purchase at a discounted rate.
Poolside side food service at the villa pools was ok, not great. The staff never came around with the kids menu so I had nothing to look at to see what the options were for my toddler. The only time we got a kids menu and some crayons were when we had dinner at the bar the evening of Saturday 6/21. The bartender that evening was great!
The McDowell market staff also need some training as some days they just didn't seem to care. They also were inconsistent on the pricing for the frozen yogurt. One night we were given a big cup to fill and was told to fill it up and they would weigh it. The second night we went back and were given a smaller cup and charged a flat price. No one could explain the pricing difference. Also, we went for frozen yogurt during the afternoon "happy hour" and were surprised to see that there were no sprinkles available. The container was empty. It was 2:15pm and the happy hour started at 2pm.
Overall, our family had another great stay at this property. Outside of the minor issues, we highly recommend this for vacation!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for returning for another stay. I'm very happy your family enjoyed your vacation and hope to welcome you back soon. I do get comments from our guest that appreciate no resort fees and free internet. The adjacent resort does offer complimentary internet in the lobby, and I've have a call into them to discuss access by the pool for our guests. Thank you for bringing that up. I apologize for the inconsistent service you experienced with our food and beverage team. We will revisit and work on improving for your next visit.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

3 of us stayed in a Deluxe Room and it was comfortable. Fully equipped with a mini refrigerator, microwave, stove top, sink, washer/dryer and all the utensils you need. The unit was clean with a nice view of the golf course. All the employees we encountered were excellent. Great location in Scottsdale near shopping and a Safeway grocery store. Can't wait to return!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for sharing your family's experience at The Westin Kierland Villas. I always enjoy hearing our team praised. I hope you are able to return very soon!

Reviewed 21 June 2014

I stayed here during a business trip and was very impressed. The hotel portion of the resort is very nice. I had a king sized bed and a great view of the surrounding mountains. The room included a small refrigerator which was helpful. I did not get a chance to try the pools out but the pool area was very nice. The gift shop and evening dessert table had very friendly staff. The concierge also was helpful with locating something to do with our downtime.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

I hope you can return another time on vacation and enjoy more of the resort. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

We own this wonderful property. A great timeshare..Recently stayed in April of this year. Our request for quiet room overlooking the golf course was fulfilled...absolutely was perfect. We will be returning in November and looking forward to visiting with family who reside in Arizona. The staff provided excellent service, couldn't have asked for anything more...

Room Tip: If you want a quiet building ask for one overlooking the golf course..
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

I'm very happy you are happy as an owner here. I know the commitment you've made and am very pleased you continue to be pleased. Feel free to contact me if I can assist with any needs prior to your return in November.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

I stayed at the Villas of the Westin Kierland from May 17th-23th. I couldn't ask for a cleaner more well kept property. The staff was amazing, friendly and very helpful. The Villa was in Building 7, facing west/golf course. The rooms were large and extremely clean and I loved the robes, so cozy. Only thing I would have wished different was that I had a higher floor, we were on the 2nd floor and looked into the trees so our view was obstructed. Other than that, everything was wonderful and I highly recommend this place. I love that everything is in walking distance so you can easily walk to resort where you have access to all their facilities as well as the ones at the villas. I will definitely go back! Amazing Experience

Room Tip: All buildings have good views, I prefer building 6 or 7 and upper floors
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank mushyj
Scott_Caldwell, General Manager at The Westin Kierland Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

I'm so glad you enjoyed your vacation with us. Thank you for your comments. When you plan your next trip, please feel free to contact me. I'll try to get you into a higher floor.