“Good but nothing special” 3 of 5 bubbles

Sushi Ko
Ranked #403 of 1,239 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Small,but comfortable. Excellent food at a very reasonable price. The service was also prompt. My husband and I have only been there at lunch time. It is difficult to find because it is tucked away behind other stores in a strip mall. Well worth the discovery. A hidden gem.
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Good but nothing special”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2013

We have been here a few times over the years and liked the food, service, etc. This trip the sushi was really pedestrian. We ordered a couple of rolls that are supposed to be dynamite but really barely made firecracker. Shumai appetizer had very little flavor. We will probably go back at some point, but there are plenty of similar restaurants with better sushi rolls.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Singapore, Singapore
“Best sushi ever!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2013

Love their Ono poki! Absolutely delicious... I'm a sushi lover and never had Ono poki and the manager introduced it. Warm welcoming the minute you enter the restaurant. Been to many sushi place and never had anything like in sushi ko. Wonderful service and sushi.

• Visited August 2013
Loudon, New Hampshire
“Food & Value? Yes. Service? Not so much.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2013

I was just composing a lengthy review, describing our experience in detail. But I decided to cut it down to a more simple form: Four of us went to Sushi Ko in Scottsdale on a recent Friday night, about 7pm. Three of us had sushi, one of us had a dinner from the kitchen. The kitchen items arrived WAY before everyone else's sushi, the sushi orders were messed up several times, and we sat for a lengthy period without seeing our waitress at all. She kept saying she was busy, but the dining room was empty except for us and two other tables, which were being served by a different waiter. Several patrons sat at the sushi bar and were served directly by the sushi chef/artist. Our server very nearly ruined the experience for us, and it's the reason I awarded 4 stars instead of 5. Our waitress also messed up on the check at the end, and we overheard her talking to a coworker, complaining that she really wanted to get out of there to hang out with some friends. She should have gone and allowed her coworkers to do a more pleasant job and earn a nice tip.

The sushi was superb, priced very nicely, and the kitchen dinner was also generous and tasty. Those of us who ordered sushi would have liked to order more, but their 'ticket" system -- plus the waitress giving us the rush and chasing us out -- wouldn't allow that. We probably should have sat at the sushi bar, but we didn't realize this going in.

Definitely a value, with fresh ingredients and a certain artistry. I'd recommend to any sushi or Japansese food lover, and hope that they are served by a more attentive waitress or waiter.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Katy, Texas, United States
“AMAZING SUSHI AND AN EVEN BETTER PRICES!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2013

I love sushi and I've been everywhere;Sushi KO is definitely my favorite! This place was AWESOME!!!! The servers were very personable and food was presented promptly! My water glass was never empty and the sushi was very reasonable for the price!! I would recommend this to any and every of my sushi loving friends and family!

• Visited July 2013
Singapore
“Excellent food and value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2013

I live in Singapore and have travelled extensively in Asia , being in Scottsdale on vacation with the family decided to try this sushi joint, for my surprise and my family's , it was the best sushi I've had in the US , and the happy hour from 3 to 6 pm is of outstanding value, half price on Nigiri Sushi.. Will certainly go back....

• Visited June 2013