“This place hits the jackpot!”

Cholla Prime Steakhouse & Lounge
Ranked #92 of 1,299 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Price range: US$10 - US$40
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Cholla Prime Steakhouse & Lounge offers one of Scottsdale's best fine-dining experiences in an intimate, upscale environment. Our taste-tempting menu is prepared by some of Scottsdale's top chefs and features the best regional cuisine you'll find anywhere in the Valley. Our menu selection includes such favorites as Chorizo Stuffed Dates, Cranberry Spinach Salad, Elk Tenderloin and a Chateaubriand for Two
Reviewed 24 August 2014

I'm not sure where to start...

The staff is fantastic and the manager visited the table a few times to check on how we were doing. The restaurant is smaller so you're not fighting to talk over many people. Make a reservation because you will need to in order to get a seat.

The food and chef are top notch. They will go above and beyond to make your meal how you like it.

Spend your money on the casino games but save a bit for Cholla Prime. It's great food and priced really well. You will not be disappointed!

Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

I was in town for business and was looking for a reasonably priced, good tasting steak restaurant. Cholla really delivered on this!

I was first presented with a complimentary filet in a cream sauce. The filet was nice and tender but all I tasted was the cream sauce.

I was then given several offerings of bread. One was sourdough, another was a nutty pumpernickel, another was a slightly sweet bread with raisins, a bread with what tasted like pepperoni rolled in and a small skillet of corn bread. It was served with butter and pesto sauce. The breads were nice and warm and all of them tasted fine. The corn bread tasted like it was sitting out for a while.

Shortly thereafter I was served a dollop of a lemon sorbet to cleanse the pallet (nice touch). Two minutes later out came my entree which was the special that night - a 12 oz. New York strip with a wedge salad for $21. The price was certainly right!

The steak was cooked perfectly but I could have done with a little less sauce. The wedge salad was served on the same plate as my steak which is my problem (I always have to have my salad on a separate plate).

I ordered the strawberry shortcake for dessert which was very different than the traditional shortcake. It was more like a mousse and strawberry compote. Too sweet for me.

The service all throughout was spot on! Everyone from the cheerful hostess, to the attentive waitress and to the very pleasant server assistant. I loved the small touches of brushing off the table between dinner and dessert. Very aware of drink refills. Nice little surprise after the check is delivered of a strawberry truffle.

I came on a Monday night at 7 PM and left at 8 PM. There was always no more than one other table occupied. Can't speak on how much busier it would be on the weekend nights.

All in all... The total bill came to $34 and I was extremely stuffed. The food was more than worth the price and the service was excellent. I would certainly recommend!

Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

We tried cholla for my husbands birthday. What a disappointment. It was billed as fine dining at cheap prices but don't be fooled, it is not fine dining!
I have a list of things we did not like but to be brief- you have to walk thru a smokey casino to eat there & I could smell smoke thru the entire meal. You also have to go out into the casino to use the restroom. My dress reeked when I got home. The food was average with highs and lows. Someone said it's Mastroes with outback prices, well whomever said that has obviously never been to Mastroes. I wish I would've spent the money and gone somewhere nice. This is cheap but you get what you pay for.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

We tried this restaurant during a recent visit to Scottsdale, and we thought it would be worth a try because all of the Tripadvisor reviews were either very good or excellent. It is a little out of the way in a casino, but the trip was absolutely worth it. The warm jalapeno bacon bread is incredible. The chef sent us a delicious sample of steak in a creamy cheese sauce, and that was just the beginning. We split a wedge salad, which was very good for the price. Then we were served a portion of mango sorbet to cleanse the palate. The steaks are served with your choice of 2 side dishes, and the steaks were as good as any we've had in a long time. The meal was topped off by a complimentary chocolate confection. Our server, Linda, was friendly and attentive, and the manager, Joy, stopped by our table several times to make sure all was well. The tab for 2 cocktails, 2 steak dinners, and all of the nice extra touches was about $64 plus tip. This place is a little gem that offers great food and attentive service at a very reasonable price. This restaurant is rather small, and it fills up quickly, so making reservations is a good idea. We'll definitely be back!

Reviewed 6 June 2014

My husband and I have eaten there a couple times and the food has been exceptional both times. There is not a lot of seating so it is intimate. The service is very good. We have had the filet mignon, rib eye steak, and salmon and have enjoyed the tenderness of the meat and they were cooked just as ordered. The deserts were also very pleasing.