“Wonderful food and experience!”
Review of Cafe Forte

Cafe Forte
Ranked #86 of 1,299 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Healthy
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings
Neighbourhood: Downtown Scottsdale
Description: Cafe Forte Bistro is a charming art district eatery nestled among the galleries of downtown Scottsdale. Featuring New American Comfort Food, a fresh & healthy style of cooking delicately prepared and dedicated to the use of all natural locally grown produce & organic ingredients whenever possible. Established in 1996, open for lunch & dinner, reservations welcomed.
Reviewed 3 July 2014

My husband and I moved to Phoenix from Chicago and were having a difficult time finding good local restaurants. We were so happy we found Cafe Forte! The food is simply superb! We've visited for lunch and dinner and both meals were excellent. The lunch menu features delicious and filling salads, sandwiches, and pasta dishes. I had the Village salad and my husband had the Cafe Cubano sandwich. Both were flavorful and filling without making us way too full to order a slice of pie for desert!

For dinner, on another occasion, we were happy to find the dining room transformed by candlelight. The music was eclectic and truly added to the overall experience. We ordered a fantastic bottle of Malbec, which was recommended to us by our server Neal, but the whole win menu looked thorough and diverse. We look forward to trying more! We started with the baked brie-simply wonderful and melt-in-your-mouth delicious. I had the oven roasted Chicken and my husband had the special baked trout. Both were amazing! The roasted chicken was soooo goooood! It was served with smashed yams and fresh veggies. The trout was crusted in almonds and had amazing flavor and texture. We were very satisfied. For desert we had to try to the mini apple pie and bread pudding. This was literally the best bread pudding that I've ever had! It was light and delicious and topped with a bourbon caramel. The mini apple pie was so cute and delicious. I love these little pies!

I highly recommend this restaurant. Locally owned for 18 years (we asked!) by a group of ladies from NY--you can really tell that they love what they do. If you want authentic and healthy food, good atmosphere, excellent service, and delicious wine then come to Cafe Forte in old town Scottsdale! I can't wait to come back and try more dishes!

Reviewed 5 June 2014

This is a little restaurant in Old Town with outdoor seating. The food was fresh but nothing stood out. Lunch consisted of salads with tuna,chicken or egg salad, burgers and sandwiches on sour dough. Everything you can make at home better. The gazpacho was pureed and bland. The prices were comparable to hotel restaurant prices

Reviewed 20 May 2014

I just moved to Scottsdale 6 months ago. A friend recommended this restaurant, and I'm so glad she did. Cafe Forte is an intimate little place and has a small outdoor area too. It's at Goldwater and Main, a cute part of Old Town Scottsdale. They advertise their offerings as "Healthy New American Cuisine", and indeed their menu carries out this mission statement. The first time I went, I ordered my trial items, if these items are good, I know the rest of the food must be too. Very basic, this time it was egg salad, a house salad and iced tea. Perfecto, passed the test. The ice tea Cafe Forte serves is Passion Fruit, but it is very lightly flavored so was fine (even though I don't usually like flavored ice tea, I just like basic tea)..Still think it's crazy not to offer regular black iced tea. Anyway, I enjoyed the food very much and have now been back three times. The last two times my orders have been way more adventuresome. And the pastries...do not miss them, a must order!!!! Their famous one is the apple pie, but the chocolate tart and a pecan pie, truly extraordinary. Haven't had a cocktail, but they sure look good. I've never needed a reservation for lunch, but recommend one for dinner. Oh, and the prices are good. Service good too. Gerry has always been my server and is very friendly and competent. Don't know how you could go wrong here, give it a try.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Unfortunately we only had one night in Scottsdale during our 4 week road trip. Luckily we found Cafe Forte. We had not booked, simply stumbled upon the restaurant whilst browsing the Art Walk. The service, and the meal were outstanding, just proves that it is possible to eat well in the USA. Lovely food with proper portions, presented as food should be. All four of us were sorry we could not return the next day, but we just had to move on.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

My husband and I had lunch last Monday, April 21, 2014 at Cafe Forte. We ate outside at a beautiful little table shaded from the sun. Our lunch was amazing; my husband had an egg salad sandwich - it sounds mundane, but was anything but. I had a delightful spinach salad, complete with stuffed grape leaves.
We returned with friends for dinner on Thursday night and all loved our dinners...very affordable. We began by sharing salads (the kale salad was incredible) and then had entrees, each of which was great, and ended by sharing a petite apple pie a la mode. The wine were wonderful; even our decaf coffee was robust and flavorful.
We were leaving Scottsdale on an afternoon flight Friday, but decided we had to go back for one more lunch. Again, it was wonderful!
This is from a couple who rarely eats out, and will only go to a place that has it all: well prepared, healthy food, nice wines, lovely ambiance, excellent, friendly service (the on-site, working owners are so very nice), and reasonable prices. Cafe Forte is a little gem in the art district of Scottsdale!

1  Thank Susan L