“Top End Dinner”

Mastro's Ocean Club
Reserve with OpenTable
Mastro's Ocean Club is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 1,292 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Price range: US$41 - US$80
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Main St
Description: Mastro's collection of sophisticated, classic Steakhouses and Ocean Club seafood locations are recognized for their combination of world-class service, highly acclaimed cuisine, and live entertainment in an elegant yet energetic atmosphere. A truly unparalleled dining experience.
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Great place to take good friends and top clients but $$$$, The Seafood Tower for an appetizer is fantastic and the service top of the line. If it was not a business trip it would have to be a very special occasion to get me back. Oh and the wine list is excellent!

Reviewed 26 August 2014

The Chilean sea bass (recommended by our teriffic waiter) and the salmon were as good as it gets. High end restaurant that performs as advertised. Even the sweet potatoe fries were plentiful and very tasty.

1  Thank Bernard G
Reviewed 24 August 2014

This is my first time ever to write a review but I feel compelled to warn others, even if they might not believe me. I generally believe that the truth is somewhere in-between the 2 review extremes, since I don't know the people writing them. However, this time I agree 100% with the "terribles" & totally disagree with the "excellents".

Another reviewer said that they were "foodies", which I consider myself to be. I have experienced fine dining in more than 75 countries, many of which were repeat trips. My personal chef was in the deep sea fishing industry in CA & my son has residency in FL, so we KNOW seafood & this was NOT high caliber. even if it were half the price, it wouldn't be worth it.

Our sweet potato fries were completely inedible due to a flour-like breading that had a terrible flavor. The broccoli was tasteless.

The presentation looked like what one would expect in a diner. No garnish or anything else whatsoever on the plate! The atmosphere was adequate but nothing about which to rave. The service was pretentious.

They are much better places for less money, so avoid this phony..

3  Thank nanatravels2
Reviewed 24 August 2014

The food here at OC is awesome, the bartenders are unbelievable, hands down the best in the biz… OC understands customer service and they show it.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

This restaurant is fantastic. We intended to eat in the main dining room and headed to the bar for a before dinner drink. The bartenders, the live music and the vibe from the bar was so fun we decided to eat at the bar.

SERVICE -- Service was outstanding. Billy and George were the bartenders and they really made this dinner over the top. They were very responsive, made great drink, wine and food suggestions.

FOOD -- The food was fantastic. We had the ahi tuna as an appetizer which was great. Very fresh ahi. I had the lobster bisque which was delicious and some of the best bisque I have ever had. We had steak as our main entree which was rich, tender, hot and lean. One of our favorite restaurants is Capital Grille and we think that the steak at Mastro's was better than theirs. Finally, and most notably, we decided that we would pass on dessert because we were completely satisfied and stuffed. Billy knew we were first-timers at Mastro's so he gave us complimentary Butter Cake for dessert. IT WAS THE BEST DESSERT WE HAVE EVER HAD.

If you are in Scottsdale this restaurant is an absolute must! We are just hoping they will open one in Dallas.