“Excellent!”

Mastro's Ocean Club
Reserve with OpenTable
Mastro's Ocean Club is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #38 of 1,348 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Price range: US$41 - US$80
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Main St
Description: Mastro's collection of sophisticated, classic Steakhouses and Ocean Club seafood locations are recognized for their combination of world-class service, highly acclaimed cuisine, and live entertainment in an elegant yet energetic atmosphere. A truly unparalleled dining experience.
Reviewed 2 January 2018

Very upscale....great food. The service is very good. Have been to the restaurant several times and will most likely go again.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,034)

Reviewed 1 January 2018

We have dined here before on New Year's Eve and it is usually quiet when we arrive very early. This year it was mobbed and we were not seated for 20 minutes past our reservation. We were comped a SHRIMP COCKTAIL and the water was very very apologetic. The restaurant was extremely noisy and everyone had to shout. It was also so dark that I saw many patrons using the flashlight on their phone to read the menu. Be warned, there are no prices on the menu. She had a CRAB CAKE and I had VANILLA BATTERED SHRIMP. Both good and the prawns were enormous. She had HALBUT ($48!!!!) with TRUFFLE BUTTER ($15) that was overcooked and I had GROUPER that was tasty and nicely seasoned. The Brussels sprouts were nicely charred. We had COFFEE and a cherry dessert with ice cream that was adequate. We drank SPARKLING WATER. The tab was over $200.00 No alcohol. I don't mind spending big money on a great meal but this was just a good meal and not worth it. Not really disappointed but not satisfied either. The waiter was expert and a credit to his profession. We will eat somewhere else next year.

Reviewed 27 December 2017

We celebrated Christmas together as a family and took in several restaurants over the course of the week, but this was the consensus best of them all for the food, service and atmosphere.

We were blessed to sit at the large round captain's table, in a little nook next to the bar. Our server Kerri (and her assistant Mario) provided top notch service, and perhaps more importantly seemed to know everything about every offering on the menus (food, drink and dessert). She had great suggestions and was able to answer every question our party of 12 had throughout our multi-hour experience.

There was a terrific array of bread (my favorite was the pretzel roll), and the sides were family style so that everyone could share and sample the delicious green beans, spinach, and seafood tower. Several of us also enjoyed twice baked potatoes!

The entrees were very special, with most of us choosing steaks or seafood. My filet was fine, but my daughter's ribeye was something special ... and the desserts were outstanding especially their signature warm butter cake with ice cream!!!

Highly recommended, but also very expensive. You get what you pay for!

Reviewed 27 December 2017

If you want outstanding SEAFOOD this is the best restaurant in USA! I have eaten in Boston, NY, LA, San Francisco, etc; and this Arizona restaurant is the best!!
Our group of three started with excellent wines to start. We had a bottle of Ch Montelena Chardonay; and, I had a glass of Pinot Grigio from Italy.
We started with appetizers. I had Ahi Tuna Tattare. Our daughter had Jlapeno Tuna Sashimi, My wife had Green Beans with Almonds.
Two had Alaskan Halibut; and, I had Mahi Mahi ( I thought I was in Hawaii).
For dessert two had Chocolate Sin Cake! I had sorbetto.
Our waiter BRENT was outstanding; as was has assistant who was always watching our table catering to our many needs, ie extra ice, new napkin, etc.

Want an outstanding seafood experience in a fun, comfortable setting go to Mastro's OCEAN CLUB!

sincerely,

Ed Altman, Jr.

Reviewed 24 December 2017 via mobile

I have been going to the Ocean Club in Scottsdale at least once each year since 2007. In my opinion, the best seafood restaurant in the USA. The quality and freshness of the food is evident as is the cooking. Add great professional service and you have an unbeatable combination. I wish they would open one in the DC area.