“Okay But NY Pizza Is better”

Oregano's Pizza Bistro
Ranked #90 of 1,250 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Groups, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Central Scottsdale
“Okay But NY Pizza Is better”
Reviewed 29 January 2014 via mobile

The service was marginal and the food was okay. I've eaten at Oreganos in Flagstaff and in Tucson. This one was the worst for service. The menu changes every so often, I wasn't impressed. I will stick with NY Pizza around the corner. They have exceptional service and the food is just as good if not better.

Mesa, Arizona
“Very popular place for locals”
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Ordered an appetizer of baked ravioli while waiting almost an hour for a table. Not impressed with the appetizer. When seated ordered 2 different 12" pizzas that were enough for at least 4 people and pretty good. Also ordered garlic shrimp pasta however and wasn't impressed at all. Ended the meal with the only dessert option of almost cooked cookie dish which was good but not over the top. Overall average at best and not worth the wait.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Carrie S
Rocky River, Ohio, United States
“Just barely worth the wait”
Reviewed 18 January 2014 via mobile

We went on Friday night, knowing we would be likely to have to wait, and we did. The hostesses seemed disorganized - they just wandered around asking people who they were when a table opened up, with no overhead paging system, or beepers. Worse, they had a definite attitude favoring larger parties and patrons who were willing to first go to the bar and order drinks, and actually gave my companion and I sarcastic attitude when we said we didn't care to order drinks.
Fortunately, our waitress was friendly and efficient, and the thin-crust pizza we eventually got was very good, which helped overcome the bad initial experience. We had salads, too, and they were comically huge, with a normal amount of salad toppings on a ridiculous heap of lettuce. Impressive to see, but unnecessary. Overall, not an awful meal, but certainly far from a great one.

St. George, Utah
“Great Italian Food”
Reviewed 15 January 2014

My wife and I loved our meals. We split a very tasty caesar salad. I had a traditional garlic chicken lasagna, and my wife had a curry spiced pasta. Both were delicious, and the portions were so large we had no room for dessert. The service is very good, and the restaurant décor will entertain. We had a number of eclectic meals during our week stay in Scottsdale, but this was the most enjoyable. Be warned: Oregano's got very busy by 5pm. If I had another day in Scottsdale, I would have picked to eat here again.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Jeffrey H
Calgary, Canada
“Not for the healthy at heart!”
Reviewed 11 January 2014

Pizza place is busy, but the pizza is "ok". Very, very full of stringy cheese, both the thin and thick crust, and also VERY salty. I have tasted better. Not too sure I will be in the mood for pizza any time soon after this.

• Visited January 2014