“Another fine meal at another fine Ruth's Chris”

Ruth's Chris Steak House - Scottsdale
Reserve with OpenTable
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Scottsdale is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #61 of 1,282 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Price range: US$41 - US$80
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: McCormick Ranch
Cross street: Indian Bend Road
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I have been by this restaurant many times but never seemed to find myself stopping in for a meal. This time the timing was right. It's not much to look at from the outside but once in the restaurant, it's quite a nice room. There is a second story rooftop patio (the whole restaurant is on the second floor) for cocktails that affords mountain views. We went directly to our table where we enjoyed an excellent meal and very good service by Kirstin. I won't say all Ruth's Chris steakhouses are the same, but you're likely not to be surprised if you've been to others. Good food, good service, a nice room. The manager came by to ask how our meal had been. I'm planning on going back sooner than it took me to get there this first time.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

Go there during happy hours and you will get your best deal. The portion is big. Waitress is not very keen on gluten knowledge. I ordered the tuna without the sauce because soy has gluten and it came with it. The cream brulee is great and the portion can be for 4 people. However, when they serve our dessert, there was no spoon that come with it. We had to catch waiter's attention to obtain one. (With a well known restaurant like this, you would think that they trained their staff better or know better.) My girl friend really liked the banana cream pie. She said the crust is very thin. We went back there and sat inside. The service was way better. But can't beat the price at happy hour though.

Reviewed 25 October 2013

This place is our favorite for steaks. The wonderful aroma of steak surrounds you as you enter the restaurant. Their service is fantastic. The filet is perfection! A perfect cut of meat cooked to a perfect medium rare with a bit of butter on top. Mmmmm! We have tried many others in town but this place remains our absolute favorite. Starters, sides and desserts never let you down. But that filet is what we go for.

2  Thank Scottsdale_from_IL
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Steady as she goes. Cowboy rib-eye with Blue cheese crust is quite good. Not the best steak I've ever had, but excellent. My wife had Halibut and it was kind of dry. I don't know why she didn't send it back, but then that makes the whole dinning experience asymmetrical. 3 appetizers; 3 main courses, 3 sides and 3 deserts, a bottle of Joseph Phelps Cab $450. Really no surprises because you can go on line. You have to decide for yourself if it is worth it. I was really impressed with one of the wait staff, Charisse, who found cookies for my special son and had excellent tips for reheating the take home boxes.

Reviewed 18 August 2013

The quality and preparation of the food were were good to very good. The service was at
that level as well. No surprise about the prices. They are at the level I would expect for a
steakhouse with an excellent reputation. I wish I could say the same about many of the other diners who were eating there at the same time. While it is August in very hot Scottsdale/Phoenix,
I think that diners spending that kind of money for an evening out should be more appropriately
attired. I don't enjoy dining with individuals who look as if they just came off the set of Hee-Haw.
Other than that, it was a pleasant experience.