“It's the place to go celebrate :)”
Review of Sapporo

Sapporo
Reserve with OpenTable
Sapporo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #210 of 1,284 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Paradise Valley
Cross street: Scottsdale & Acoma
Reviewed 12 March 2014

We always go here for birthday and graduation dinners. My 15 year boy and 20 year old boy love it. You can enjoy the teppanyaki table or have sushi and apps. at a table. Flames lighting up the entrance with a little waterfall and big tropical fish tank added to the mood. Go ahead and dine outside, remember you are on the main road (Scottsdale) so it can be loud. Good date place. Only reason it didn't ge 5 stars is because it was too loud and we could barely carry on a conversation. That can ruin a night out if you are constantly saying "what?" into each other's ear. Get there for happy hour and get a litlle more sushi bang for your buck. You will enjoy!

Reviewed 12 February 2014

A wonderful show from our chef! This was our first visit, we usually do Ah-so but decided to try something different. I loved my salmon, it was a huge portion & the crab puffs were amazing (not to mention a great happy hour special) the husband had filet & shrimp which was wonderful. Dessert is included and the service & champagne were divine!! Thanks for a fabulous anniversary!

Reviewed 10 February 2014

I made a reservation at this restaurant on what should have been an easy Sunday evening. The problems started when I approached the Host/ess stand and gave them my name. They said that they already seated part of my party. That was impossible, as the four of us were standing there and all arrived together. Obviously, this was a problem for them as they sat my reservation at a Teppanyaki table, which are very limited. We were given a pager and had to wait. Thankfully, the wait was brief.

We were seated at 7:00 pm. Our food order was taken at 7:30 pm. Our salads and soups did not arrive until close to 7:40 pm. Unfortunately, this is not an exaggeration. When we questioned the hostess, she just said that she was sorry and that they were very busy with a lot of walk-ins. The server was almost non-existent, though. No excuse to wait so long to take an order. The bartender actually came to the table and said "I'm from the bar and these drinks have just been sitting there so I figured I would bring them over." Wow! Refills? Hardly.

Eventually, the Chef came over and cooked for us. He was incredible and entertaining, the only shining light on the experience. The food, however, was bland and just average compared to other Japanese restaurants I have been to.

I hate to leave negative reviews, but this was one of the poorest restaurant experiences I have had in a long time.

Reviewed 5 January 2014

I was so pleased with this restaurant I would recommend it to many people. My mom and I walked in on New Year's Eve late and we were not expecting to get a seat for an hour but they have a sushi bar that you can sit at. We order the dragon roll and eel roll and they were fantastic. While sitting at the sushi bar he was nice enough if you were to ask questions about how is being made he would answer your questions. Later on in the meal he also would have conversations about the sushi and where you are from and he gave us a sample portion of another sushi roll which is also phenomenal is called the friends with benefits roll it was spicy but it was good. Towards the end of the meal he made my daughter a fruit bear there out of the kinds of his heart and was always entertaining her by showing her how to make the sushi slowly. He was very friendly and very knowledgeable I would recommend this place too many people it was an awesome experience and I highly suggest you go there for their phenomenal sushi.

Reviewed 3 January 2014

We invited out of town family since they enjoy this type of restaurant and did not want to experience the Benihana touristy thing and wanted to try somewhere new. The decor is fun and inviting with lots of red. The bar is tight between the bar counter seating and the tables behind. We all had to keep shift around on our stools to allow staffers to make their way behind us. Perhaps they could take out a table or two and have it be less crowded and more comfortable, The drink prices were very reasonable, generous and the bar tenders pleasant. The food and the "show" were fun, and our only real complaint was our server. She appeared harried, even a little cranky and we felt rushed by her. When we realized by chance that we could order appetizers when we asked her where a menu was that included this option, she picked up ONE menu that had been apparently placed in the center of our table of 12, and said "its right here in front of you". Oops, not so warm and fuzzy or professional. How about telling us there is another menu there and perhaps providing more than one for such a large group. We suspected the ordering of appetizers may have been discourage so the table could be flipped again. We definitely were not given any time to linger before our leftovers were packed up and they began setting up for the next group. Since the food was good, and the bar atmosphere fun, although a bit crowded, we would return and give them the benefit of the doubt regarding the service during the busy holiday season.