“Consistently great!”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: McCormick Ranch
Cross street: McCormick Pkwy
Description: Awarded AAA’s Four Diamond distinction, the Palm Court at the Scottsdale Resort & Conference Center serves innovative American cuisine infused with the spirit of its Southwestern, hacienda-inspired décor. New flavors meld with classic dishes to create culinary masterpieces, often prepared au flambé at your table – a sensation to both the eye and the palate. Treat yourself to one of the Palm Court’s specialties – flambéed desserts and flaming coffees that light the room with fiery artistic displays – for a dining experience never forgotten. An extensive wine library in a dramatic wrought iron framed glass cabinet is visible evidence of Palm Court’s unique atmosphere. For an impressive business dinner, an evening of romance, or to celebrate one of life’s special occasions, Palm Court is an indulgence you won’t want to miss. One of Scottsdale’s finest restaurants, Palm Court makes any evening memorable.
Phoenix, Arizona
“Consistently great!”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I used to frequent the Sunday brunch at the Palm Court Restaurant, but had not been there in a few years. I am happy to say I still think it is one of the best brunches in the Valley. Large, diverse and unique selection of dishes. Champagne or juices included. Friendly service. Beautiful views from the dining area.

Visited August 2014

Chicago, Illinois, United States
“Romantic dinner”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Superior service and food was impeccable! We were not rushed at all; had a leisurely dinner. Make a reservation during the winter months.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Barb W
Phoenix, Arizona
“Superb”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We celebrated our friends' anniversary at Palm Court. It was a superb experience. The service was impeccable and friendly. The Cesar salad was prepared table-side with panache. We ordered different entrees and they were all perfectly prepared and delicious. I had let the restaurant know in advance the we were celebrating an anniversary. At the conclusion of dinner, our server surprised our friends with a beautifully decorated cake. The restaurant was fairly empty. It is summer in Phoenix, after all, so we didn't expect it to be crowded. It was a quiet, intimate setting. The whole evening left a lasting positive impression.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank sojouner2
Tucson, Arizona
“Awfully Underwhelming”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

My husband I and were excited to eat at Palm Court because of its claim to fame as “internationally acclaimed and one of Scottsdale’s best-loved restaurants." When we walked into the restaurant we wondered if we were at the right place because it certainly did not look like a five star dining joint. Also, there were entire sections of the restaurant that were filled with empty tables. We were seated in a section that had two other couples, the only other people dining in the restaurant. This seemed odd to us because when we tried to make reservations there was only one time left that was available.
The feel of the restaurant did not sit quite right with me. All the diners were speaking in a quiet whisper because we were seated so closely to each other, despite the many open tables, so obviously we could have been spaced out more. The only other sound in the restaurant came from a man playing a guitar who was sitting on steps near the tables. At times his guitar was so loud that I could not even hear my husband talking or the waiter when trying to talk to us.
As for the display of the restaurant, everything is made to seem extravagant. Certain dishes are prepared tableside, chairs are pulled out for you when you sit down, water is refilled from a Fiji bottle, etc. At first, this fooled me into being impressed. The feeling soon faded away as my husband and I were given little attention from the staff. The other two couples in the restaurant were getting constant service and attention, whereas my husband and I only had interaction from the waiter to ask what we would like to order. No small talk, no “how did you like the ___”. . .nothing. The only explanation I can think for this is that my husband and are a young couple (mid 20s), and look even younger than that. The other couples were older couples. Maybe we were not given as much attention because the stereotype is that young people do not tip as well? I also noticed that the other tables had matchbooks with a last name on them. We did not get one of these.
As for the food, I was very disappointed with the food. I have made tastier meals than what we were served. I ordered the halibut and it was some of the worst fish I have had. It was exceptionally overdone and so dry that I could not swallow it without water. I could not eat even half of it. Not only is the food unenticing, but it is extremely overpriced! The food quality is poor, the preparation even worse, so the only explanation for the cost is the display. The plates are dressed and the tableside preparation makes you feel as though you are getting high quality dining. That is all you are paying for at this place- the presentation of your meal, which I did not find remarkable.
I wish I had at least one good comment for this restaurant, but there was not one single item or experience about this restaurant that I can honestly say. If you want a nice dinner and good food, do not eat at Palm Court! Head to downtown Scottsdale instead.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Susan C
Gilbert, Arizona
“Excellent atmosphere and food”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Loved the atmosphere, the soft guitar being played on the steps, the food was exquisite! The quantity of food was equivalent to the price as was the quality!

Visited June 2014