“Very close to NY pizza”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Takeout
Inishcrone, Ireland
“Very close to NY pizza”
Reviewed 18 December 2013

This is probably along with NYPD here in the Valley that you are going to get to New York pizza. Being from Brooklyn I'm picking when it comes to pizza and so far this is about as close as you get to NY style pizza.

Visited December 2013
Bob K, owner at Ray's Pizza, responded to this review, 24 May 2014
Boccigallupo, hey thanks for the support! It's great to hear from an NYC native on TripAdvisor. I'm from Brooklyn myself, and I grew up making pizza the local style of pizza. We aim for authenticity so it's great to hear we're on the money. Keep us in mind for a slice whenever you're in Scottsdale!

Safe travels,
Bob, Owner

Seattle, Washington
“Good place for a quick slice”
Reviewed 13 December 2013

Good NY style pizza joint. Obviously nowhere as good as actual NYC pizza in New York, but not bad compared to what AZ has to offer in terms of quick by the slice pizza. Go during lunch to get the freshest and biggest choice of pies.

• Visited May 2013
Bob K, owner at Ray's Pizza, responded to this review, 24 May 2014
Glad to hear you're a fan, Chris! There's something about the water in NYC that leads to that truly authentic taste (seriously), but our style is just the way they make it back home. Have you spent much time in the city? I'm a transplant myself, and I started making pizza here in Scottsdale to bring that classic flavor to my neighbors here. Join us again soon whenever you're craving a slice!

All the best,
Bob, Owner
Scottsdale, Arizona
“For The best NY style Pizza in the Phoenix area”
Reviewed 29 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

you have got to go the original Ray's Pizza (obviously not the one in TMNT (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles) which was located on 6th Ave in Manhattan...but a very good approximation with slices available from plain to loaded and they have Sicilian as well.
I would go out of my way to come to Ray's for Pizza when in Arizona...

Visited October 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona, United States
“Great New York style pizza”
Reviewed 8 August 2013

I have been going to Ray's Pizza since I was a kid. When I moved to Scottsdale I was very happy to see a location so close to me. This one is my second favorite location right next to the original which is off of 35th and Greenway. There pizza and wing special is a super deal and is big enough to feed the whole family. If you get the Sicilian I hope you have a big family cause it is huge. There ingredients are always high quality and they have the best Italian sausage around (shredded and not pebbles). The restaurant itself is not fancy, more like a family sports bar.

• Visited October 2012
London, United Kingdom
“The pizza place”
Reviewed 26 May 2013

Thai is a traditional pizza restaurant which does service other food but the pizza is so good you will order a pizza. They fresh make whatever you want and then you collect your food from the counter. We ate here for lunch and would go again

Visited May 2013