“Crisp pizza crust, great value, lots of seating”
Review of Ray's Pizza

Ray's Pizza
Ranked #751 of 1,293 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 30 March 2014

This was a chance find that I really enjoyed. I got a slice while waiting for a Stromboli. It was a lot of food and drink for $10. Great taste. The chicken parm got good comments but I didn't try it.

Bob K, owner at Ray's Pizza, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2014

Glad to hear that slice really hit the spot, Joe! Thanks for dropping while you were in town. I won't hold it against you that you're from Boston. Seriously though, I appreciate the kind words--you're welcome back any time!

Safe travels,

Reviewed 28 January 2014

We have been coming to Ray's for almost 30 years. Not high end. no wood fired oven just good old fashioned New York style pizza. Have yet to find anyplace else in town that does a good job recreating authentic New York pizza. It may not be "Original Ray's" or "Famous Ray's" but it comes close.

Bob K, owner at Ray's Pizza, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2014

ralphw447, you've been coming to eat our pizza for nearly 30 years, so what more can I say but 'thank you'? Loyal customers like you mean the world to us--we wouldn't be here without you. We'll keep up the great work and won't change a thing!

See you again soon,

Reviewed 18 December 2013

This is probably along with NYPD here in the Valley that you are going to get to New York pizza. Being from Brooklyn I'm picking when it comes to pizza and so far this is about as close as you get to NY style pizza.

Bob K, owner at Ray's Pizza, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2014

Boccigallupo, hey thanks for the support! It's great to hear from an NYC native on TripAdvisor. I'm from Brooklyn myself, and I grew up making pizza the local style of pizza. We aim for authenticity so it's great to hear we're on the money. Keep us in mind for a slice whenever you're in Scottsdale!

Safe travels,

Reviewed 13 December 2013

Good NY style pizza joint. Obviously nowhere as good as actual NYC pizza in New York, but not bad compared to what AZ has to offer in terms of quick by the slice pizza. Go during lunch to get the freshest and biggest choice of pies.

Bob K, owner at Ray's Pizza, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2014

Glad to hear you're a fan, Chris! There's something about the water in NYC that leads to that truly authentic taste (seriously), but our style is just the way they make it back home. Have you spent much time in the city? I'm a transplant myself, and I started making pizza here in Scottsdale to bring that classic flavor to my neighbors here. Join us again soon whenever you're craving a slice!

All the best,

Reviewed 29 October 2013

you have got to go the original Ray's Pizza (obviously not the one in TMNT (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles) which was located on 6th Ave in Manhattan...but a very good approximation with slices available from plain to loaded and they have Sicilian as well.
I would go out of my way to come to Ray's for Pizza when in Arizona...