“So much to choose from”

Wandering Horse Buffet
Ranked #128 of 1,299 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Dining options: Breakfast, Buffet
Description: Enjoy our expansive international buffet offering indoor and outdoor seating featuring Italian, Asian, Mexican, Mediterranean and American cuisines. The Wandering Horse buffet features live cooking stations, a fresh salad bar, a carving station, delectable desserts and a brick oven pizza kitchen.
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Friends of mine took me here for my birthday brunch. We got there around 12:30 and had to wait in line for about 15 minutes. We finally got seated and the service was very good and the waitress kept bringing us mimosa's or whatever we wanted. Much to choose from. breakfast items,Italian, Chinese, Mexican, soups, salads, seaffod and oh my, the deserts!! I went immediately to the crab legs which were slightly salty and lobster claws and shrimp, good horseradish red sauce, all in all pretty good; very good chinese, pretty good mexican; did not eat any of the Italian or variety of meats offered; although my friend had the lamb chops and said they were good. Good chicken caesar and very good antipasta, especially the cheese. I had several deserts, some which were only 2 bites, but that was enough; I wanted the gelato, but just didn't have room. It was good, like I said, so much to choose from. Get there early with an appetite.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

We have been to the buffet several times before and have always enjoyed the nice, big variety of foods. This trip we needed seafood for our friends during lent. They had the crab legs, but said they were very salty. We all enjoyed everything else and our waitperson even made a chocolate milkshake for my husband!

Reviewed 19 March 2014

Good selection of food, but not stunning. Not exactly "value priced" and beers were extra. The layout and decor of the buffet seating area is poor.

1  Thank Mark B
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Breakfast: Besides fresh berries of many types, there were also dried fruits in a great variety. There was quiche, two types of sausage, carved ham, Mexican items, a small group of Chinese dim sum items and some Asian meat/vegetable combos, oatmeal and congee, French toast, pancakes and waffles, and then the regular breakfast items: an omelet station, hard boiled and scrambled eggs, pastries, several types of potatoes, yogurt, cold cereal. What am I missing? They had the geleto station already set up during the breakfast hours.

Lunch: A more than usual assortment of desserts including many types of cheesecake, the gelato bar, lots of pies. A beautiful array of cheese chunks and unusual crackers, four varieties of fish. And the typical Chinese, Mexican, and American buffet items.

The service was attentive. The room looks out over the mountains, very beautiful. I was happy with everything including the price of $9.95 for breakfast every day but Sunday.

I saw a notice that they will be changing from breakfast to brunch at the end of March 2014. The price - I think I read - will rise to $14.00. In my opinion it will still be worth it because the hours will be longer.

Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

Visited with the family for dinner, is a little bit pricey (so try to go on lunch time) Love the variety especially the Mexican and Chinese food. If your thing is the desserts; this buffet is pretty much like happyland. The place is nice and cozy, I would like to suggest this place for a first date. Two thumbs up!