“Mexican restaurant with a twist”
Review of Salty Senorita - CLOSED

Salty Senorita
Price range: US$1 - US$30
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Neighbourhood: Downtown Scottsdale
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Surprised not to be served chips while we waited, a Mexican restaurant staple. Enjoyed the ambience for lunch, not the blaring bar scene like right across the street. Menu not so traditional, but the chicken tamale I had with a side of black beans was outstanding. My friend went with tacos and the street corn. Also delish! They weren't busy, but service was OK, not outstanding. Never came back to do water refills. Would definitely go here again.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

Grae t restaurant in Old Town Scottsdale. Excellent service, good outdoor seating. Had the nacho's and a marg. The nacho's were too big to eat and the marg was great !!

Reviewed 4 April 2014

The service was non existant. I can't say lousy because we never got any service. 23 minutes and not one employee talked to us. So I decide to go to the Bar to buy a couple of shots of $12 tequila, have to pry the Bartender away from the TV set. Ask for two tequilas on their menu and he comes back and says they are out. I say that's it. So we ran across the street to RnR's and the service was the best. The food was awesome. Will never ever go to Salty's again.

Reviewed 3 April 2014

We will leave it at that. Service was very spotty. The patio was filled with probably 60 people and there were two servers. Took too long for what you got. A Mexican restaurant that charges for chips and salsa is a new one for me. Most Mexican restaurants serve this complimentary. Oh well live and learn. One lunch partner had the tacos. They were about 4-5 inches in diameter prior to being folded in half with the stuff inside. To me those are small and they were 3 bucks per taco. A beer for 4 dollars not a big deal, but a michilata which has less beer in it because of the add ons for 8 dollars is now a non starter for me. I liked the patio. Has high tables and umbrellas. Other than that, find someplace else.

1  Thank StonecreekArabians
Reviewed 3 April 2014

We stopped in here after walking around Old Town on the advice of locals. Tacos were reasonable and tasty, but the Happy Hour margarita's were all ice. I showed my glass to the manager (literally 80% ice), and he said, "thanks for telling me." No offer of a refill or refund. Should have had beer in a bottle!

1  Thank clcjr