“Typical sports bar”

Ventura Grill
Ranked #877 of 1,284 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Cuisines: Spanish
Reviewed 11 October 2013

My husband and I went to this restaurant to watch a football game with some friends. It was a noisy place, but there were a couple of football games playing, so it was to be expected. The one thing to be aware of is that the wraps are lettuce wraps, but they don't mention that in the description of the food. The one I had (sorry, I don't remember the name) was chicken and Louisiana type spices. It was very good! The iced tea had a little extra flavor, not sure what it was, but it was really good, too. Prices were pretty typical for a sports bar. I would go back.

Reviewed 9 August 2013

I found this restaurant on one of those discount deal sights. Some friends of mine and I were visiting Arizona in the cheap so I bought the discount certificate with little knowledge of the restaurant except the menu. It looked good so I thought we would try it! It was perfect!!!! The prices were great and the place had a great laid back attitude. We tried some appetizers( the fries cheese curds and calamari were great). For dinner we got the lettuce wraps and they were amazing! One of my friends is a vegetarian and they had plenty of options for her. Altogether it was great. Plus the bathrooms signs were hilarious! Check it out!

Reviewed 25 March 2013

Met a friend for happy hour and he wanted to try a new place. He suggested Ventura Grill. The staff was very nice and very accomodating. Unfortunately the food is the worst I have had in my 3 years in Scottsdale. Fried Calamari was so rubbery that we could not eat it. Sent it back and she brought wings instead. Wings were barely room temperature, very chewy, and sauce had almost no flavor. Not worth eating. There are so many great places in Scottdale there is just no reason to go back to this place. Appys were so bad we did not bother ordering a meal.

Reviewed 11 November 2012 via mobile

We stopped to watch a football game. We had great service and great food. Enjoyed the rib basket and the wings.

Reviewed 5 November 2012

We had Sunday lunch. They also offered a brunch menu. We shared the Char burger and the Caprese Salad. The burger was quite good but was rather small for a 1/2 lb patty. The sweet potato fries were well cooked and not greasy. The Caprese had good mozzarella and giant basil leaves. The balsamic dressing was good, however, the tomatoes were not ripe. We sat at the bar. If you're serious about watching a game, you're going to get a neck-ache due to the placement of the screens. The service from the bartender was a little over-friendly. I really don't appreciate being asked our names and then overusing them over the course of lunch. Surprisingly there was no business during the football hour. The place is very attractive and clean.