“Authentic is the best adjective for this tour”

Wild West Jeep Tours
Ranked #22 of 51 Tours in Scottsdale
More attraction details
Owner description: Wild West Jeep Tours has been offering adventuresome and educational 4WD tours to visitors since 1983. Gorgeous scenery coupled with fascinating history and information about the Sonoran Desert in AZ makes for an exciting lifetime memory.
Weehawken, New Jersey
200 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 290 helpful votes
“Authentic is the best adjective for this tour”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

We booked this tour on the recommendation of a colleague of mine. I am very happy we did.

Pros:
1. The tour guides were honest-to-goodness gun carrying cowboys named Scout and Turtle. They are both full of great information and wonderful driving skills. They even had a proper sense of humor.
2. The tour took us out to great real no-cell-reception off road spots.
3. It was almost like a combination of Mythbusters, Survivalman, and History class. I enjoyed it thoroughly.
4. The off roading parts were fun, but I definitely would have wanted more.

Cons:
1. The reason it only gets four stars is because not everyone enjoyed it as much. A few of my colleagues thought they spoke too much and wanted more driving action.

Overall, I recommend the tour.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank psudino

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great sightseeing Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

I would highly recommend this tour. The Guide was both knowledgeable about the area and entertaining. A great way to see the desert up close!

Visited April 2014
philadelphia, pa
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Fun and Educational”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

We have been to the Scottsdale/Phoenix area several times and we were looking for something different to do. We took the morning tour to the Sonoran Desert (which I would suggest in the warmer months) and learned so much about settlers crossing the desert, Indians,and desert plants and animals. Walker was our guide and he was a wealth of knowledge. The ride was very bumpy but Walker's advice to relax and move with the Jeep's motion was helpful. Neither my husband nor I was sore when we got back to the hotel. I would recommend this to anyone who wants to know more about desert life. I would also suggest that the guides have a reading list available for those of us who would like to read more about what we learned.

Visited February 2014
Port Saint Joe, Florida, United States
51 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 116 helpful votes
“Bumpy ride, great education about the desert”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2014 via mobile

Scout was our guide. When he picked us up at our hotel he was wearing his western garb, cowboy hat, gun and ammo. I thought oh goodness this is going to be really campy. Turns out he was quite knowledgeable, had been doing tours for years and truly loves his work. We learned how the Indians fought and how they lost the war. how to use cacti as weapons, as liquid source, how old some of the cacti are like over hundreds of years old and specifically of the Sonoran desert? Well worth the $100.00 per person cost.

Visited January 2014
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Great Family Fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

My husband and our two kids, ages 15 and 20, took a Wild West Jeep Tour last week. BS (that's Black Sheep) Dave was our guide and he did a fantastic job. While we didn't see any animals or snakes (that's what our kids were hoping for!) it was a fun ride and we learned A LOT about the desert- things that actually came in handy (like what kind of cactus to really steer clear of!).

Visited December 2013