“Good food in a great location”
Review of SOL Mexican Cocina

SOL Mexican Cocina
Reserve with OpenTable
SOL Mexican Cocina is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #93 of 1,250 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern, Latin
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Brunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Atlanta, Georgia
“Good food in a great location”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We stopped in for a business dinner, the venue was selected by a local person. Location was great. They are super busy which usually means the food is good, and it was. The taco's were amazing, one of the party ate the really hot taco which was good and spicy, not overly hot. I had the not as hot taco (Cant remember the name) but it was great. The other taco that sticks in my mind had 3 different meats, very good. I would go back here again.
They had live music which made it difficult to have a conversation but the music was really good.
The waitress left a great impression, she took orders for 6 people by memory and got it perfect!
I will go back again!

Bristol, Tennessee
“Outstanding experience”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

The restaurant is in within a fashionable mall. The environment is trendy and upscale. We had a very helpful and kind server as well, who illustrated the menu. I got Cevice Sol and some tacos, while my friend had goat cheese and the steak. The food was outstanding. Some of the best tacos I had in my life. The dishes were well prepared, correctly spiced, good looking and of the right size. A great way to balance Mexican "comfort" food with some more refined choices.
It is a little on the expensive side, but it is well worth it.

Phoenix, Arizona
“Good tacos, OK drinks”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stopped in for happy hour and appetizers before an appointment in Scottsdale. I had seen SOL advertised and was anxious to try.

The happy hour beverages weren't anything special if you aren't a tequila or beer drinker. I was very disappointed in the Sangria, which is unusual for me. And I felt it was overpriced for happy hour.

We ordered tacos as an appetizer. I thought the portabella/poblano one was delicious! My husband had a big meat taco and said it was good but not the best he'd ever had. The nachos and bean dip were good.

It was a very popular place and packed at 5:30 on a Wednesday. We ended up having to sit with others at the bar on the patio (in July) The misters weren't quite working well but I can see that later in the evening it could be a nice place to hang with friends.

I would give it another try, but not sure my husband would. He felt it was overpriced and disappointed with the sangrias.

Arizona
“The best”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Can't say enough, this is the tastiest food ever. We are so hard to please when it come to good food. I always leave nice restaurants. ie Shin Bay, Dominics, Mastros, Citizens Public House... only to say I wish we'd gone to Sol.

• Visited June 2014
Rochester, MN
“Awesome Mexican food”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Nice interior and service. Enchiladas were amazing. The taco vamporo was really nice as was the governador fish taco. I look forward to exploring the menu more on my next visit. Only weakness was their rice and beans.