“Extensive menu for food and drink”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of SOL Mexican Cocina

SOL Mexican Cocina
Reserve with OpenTable
SOL Mexican Cocina is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #99 of 1,242 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern, Latin
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Brunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Extensive menu for food and drink”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

We went for Sunday lunch and were seated immediately. Extensive menu of both food and drink, we enjoyed both. They also have a Sunday brunch menu featuring eggs. Very convenient to the 101 Loop, with both self parking in a covered garage and valet parking.

Visited August 2014

San Francisco, California
“Mexican Cocina”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

Very fast service, good food, reasonable prices. What more could you want? Traditional Mexican fare with fresh ingredients, and served hot to the table. Easy to get seated, with fast service.

Visited July 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
“Good food in a great location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

We stopped in for a business dinner, the venue was selected by a local person. Location was great. They are super busy which usually means the food is good, and it was. The taco's were amazing, one of the party ate the really hot taco which was good and spicy, not overly hot. I had the not as hot taco (Cant remember the name) but it was great. The other taco that sticks in my mind had 3 different meats, very good. I would go back here again.
They had live music which made it difficult to have a conversation but the music was really good.
The waitress left a great impression, she took orders for 6 people by memory and got it perfect!
I will go back again!

Bristol, Tennessee
“Outstanding experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

The restaurant is in within a fashionable mall. The environment is trendy and upscale. We had a very helpful and kind server as well, who illustrated the menu. I got Cevice Sol and some tacos, while my friend had goat cheese and the steak. The food was outstanding. Some of the best tacos I had in my life. The dishes were well prepared, correctly spiced, good looking and of the right size. A great way to balance Mexican "comfort" food with some more refined choices.
It is a little on the expensive side, but it is well worth it.

Phoenix, Arizona
“Good tacos, OK drinks”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stopped in for happy hour and appetizers before an appointment in Scottsdale. I had seen SOL advertised and was anxious to try.

The happy hour beverages weren't anything special if you aren't a tequila or beer drinker. I was very disappointed in the Sangria, which is unusual for me. And I felt it was overpriced for happy hour.

We ordered tacos as an appetizer. I thought the portabella/poblano one was delicious! My husband had a big meat taco and said it was good but not the best he'd ever had. The nachos and bean dip were good.

It was a very popular place and packed at 5:30 on a Wednesday. We ended up having to sit with others at the bar on the patio (in July) The misters weren't quite working well but I can see that later in the evening it could be a nice place to hang with friends.

I would give it another try, but not sure my husband would. He felt it was overpriced and disappointed with the sangrias.