“Delicious, healthy food....they speak gluten free fluently!”

Coconut's Fish Cafe
Ranked #26 of 1,299 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Cuisines: Seafood, Hawaiian
Reviewed 25 June 2014

When the staff welcomes You into their establishment 10 minutes before closing time, You know You have found someplace special. Not only were we welcomed, the staff at the register happily discussed all their gluten free options with us in detail, including reassuring us that no cross contamination occurs.

My wife ordered and thoroughly enjoyed the steak tacos. They were large on excellent corn tortillas, with plenty of meat. The brochure says they come with 17 different ingredients, including tomato, cheese, famous coleslaw and mango. They were wonderful.

I had the fish tacos, featuring both kinds of fresh fish that day Ono and Mahi Mahi. They were just as large and just as delicious. Actually, i preferred them to the steak. The toppings are so fresh and flavorful and combine with the fish to make them.......the best fish tacos i have ever tasted.

I also tried their seafood chowder, a tasty mix of Ono, Mahi Mahi, and clams. Wow. Delicious! Since it was closing, i wonder if this tasting was a thinner version than normal because i ordered the large helping. The flavor was terrific, and i am anxious to try it again to see if it is thicker. That would be the only improvement i could imagine.

With all the other items on the menu and 6 separate ways of preparing their fish, i am very anxious to go back and try other items on the menu, especially the coconut shrimp. And the seafood pasta. And the fish and chips. And the macadamia nut Mahi Mahi.

i think You get the idea. There is something simply appealing about the staff, the food and the atmosphere. Can't wait for the next visit!

Reviewed 24 June 2014

My wife & I stopped at the Coconut Fish Cafe as we had heard good things about the restaurant. We were not disappointed. My wife ordered a mahi mahi fish plate & I ordered a Oho Fish Burger. Both were very good although the Burger was somewhat messy. I really didn't care as the food made up for this. The fish are from around the Hawaii area so if you like mild fish this maybe your place to go. I noticed that they have takeouts available but I'd prefer to eat in.

Yes we'll be back.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Every time we visit Coconuts, the experience is superior. The welcoming staff, food quality, and atmosphere are wonderful. This is more of a local's place, I didn't want to share it, but after our last visit, I am still dreaming of my next fish taco.
Worth the trip, ALWAYS AMAZING. One of our local favorites! We love the coconut shrimp too!

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Nice blackened mahi mahi and rice. Their salad is weak. Dressing is weird and they out too much on. Otherwise, nice outdoor seating on porch when it's not too hot.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

I am very picky when it comes to fish but when i tasted the fish tacos at coconuts i was really surprised at how amazingly delicious they are! their grilled ono taco was to me much better than the mahi mahi and the mango salsa on top tasted so fresh and delicious! We also tried their coconut shrimp and chips which were also really good! All in all i will be back here to try the other items on their menu but i am sure i would order the fish tacos again and again!