“Disappointed”

Cuisines: Mexican
Chandler, Arizona, United States
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 2 April 2014

First, I would like to thank the staff for a wonderful post event concession. Everyone was helpful and took very good care of our large group. Next, I am sure we will not return to this establishment for the following reason. When it was time to pay the piper, my debit card could not be found. The bartenders and Charlie (owner) gave great effort for 30 min to try and find my card. No worry, If not found by the next day I will cancel the card. Said owner Charlie "don't worry about the tab, I will call you tomorrow and let you know whether or not we found it. I will just comp this tab". Cool, things happen. So next day comes and no call so I call them. They said card was not found, ok. Next day bank shows pending charge of $46.80 and says card was swiped Sat at 6:40pm (an hour and half after I had left). I called again thinking great they found my card, no, they said that is the amount they used to hold my tab open thus to wait and it will drop off. Card has not been found. Same evening I receive a phone call from the organization manager that booked El Santo saying some girl was just givin my card and the receipt from saturday afternoon. She didn't know me or how to reach me so she drove it to the address of the event sponsor. Now today my card shows the bill of $39.00 posted and the tip they chose to give themselves in the amount of $7.80 and yet Charlie claims still that my card has not been found and no one has swiped. F********g bold face LIAR

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Justin N Lori P

Phoenix
“Most disappointing business in the valley!!! I give it no stars actually”
Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

I planned my birthday party here and I arrived the night of party & they were closed!! On a Saturday night 1/25 I was more than disappointed. I had my boyfriend call a day ahead to confirm and they said " all is good & we will see ya tomorrow night! Wow, very unprofessional for a business. Thanks El Santo's for ruining a big birthday for me.

Visited January 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
“Good for group gatherings”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

I went to this establishment for my girlfriend's class reunion. It was an informal atmosphere. We were a group of about 50-60 and outside on the patio. The server did a very good job at keeping the orders and bills straight. We just had appetizers, no meals, but what we had was good. We were treated well, were satisfied with the food, and had a good time.

• Visited October 2013
Phoenix
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“happy hour is good, BUT CHECK YOUR BILL”
Reviewed 19 April 2013

I'be been to El Santo a few times and have generally enjoyed it. I have found the food better than average and the happy hour of value.... That being said please read the email that I sent to their management earlier in the week (4/15) and have yet to have a response. Maybe it was a mistake. I tried to give the benefit of the doubt, but have yet to receive any response (4/15). If they don't care about their deceptive practices, I'm happy to take my business elsewhere.

My advice, CHECK YOUR BILL.

I was at your happy hour on Friday, 4/12, when I received some unsatisfactory service and price gauging. As I understood it, happy hour ended at 630. I took my spot at the bar to order a drink around 620. it took some time for a bartender to come over, which is understandable, but once he arrived, i ordered a margarita. i went to close my tab and noticed that the bill was for $8.00, not the $2.50 on happy hour. I asked the bartender and he said the time changed. i looked at my phone and it was still 630 on my clock. i look at the bill, and your clock said the drink was ordered at 638. the bartender even looked at his phone to see the time. there are a few things wrong, 1) the drink was ordered before 630, 2) the bartender was aware of the time, 3) your computers run 8 minutes fast. the first two are maybe human error, which i can handle, the third is price gauging, not acceptable. Instead of fixing the bill, which we all know can be done, the bartender just kept saying it was the computer and he couldn't do anything. When I brought it to his attention that there was a time discrepancy, he didn't care. If he doesn't care neither to I. So instead of a happy customer (I wasn't asking for a free drink), now you have a pissed off customer who thinks he's being fleeced and wants to tell everyone about your deceptive practices (and I didn't take the drink, so you wasted alcohol) . Congrats!

• Visited April 2013
scottsdale
“Amazing Pool Bar in Kierland Area! Great Food and Lively Atmosphere”
Reviewed 10 April 2013

This place is just the coolest thing ever. Huge giant pool that gets packed every weekend. It's like a mini Hard Rock hotel pool in Vegas, minus the hotel. Really fun place.
The food is very good and reasonably priced. Happy hour is awesome with a lot of half priced stuff until 7 p.m.

• Visited April 2013