“Great Sushi, Great Atmosphere”
Review of Sushi Brokers

Sushi Brokers
Ranked #151 of 1,250 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: North Scottsdale
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Great Sushi, Great Atmosphere”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

The most recent trip to a sushi restaurant brought me to Sushi Brokers. Located in a beautiful part of Scottsdale, the surrounding environment is pleasant; which gives the outside of the establishment a welcoming first impression. The beginning of my experience inside the restaurant was enjoyable; the hostesses are very friendly and the atmosphere is extremely comfortable. The inside has very artistic, nice chalk drawings of their specials and different things on their menu. When you walk in, the sushi bar is straight ahead, and the table seating is split to the left and right of the restaurant. Over all, Sushi Broker’s atmosphere is extremely friendly, comfortable and a very nice area to have delicious sushi.
Sushi Broker’s Happy Hour menu, compared to other sushi restaurants, has a wide variety of rolls. While the food was absolutely delightful, I do feel as though some of the prices on some of the rolls are a bit over-priced. Eating here during Happy Hour was a very wise choice because with the non-happy-hour prices, the bill would have been a bit larger than I would have liked to pay for the food I received. In addition to the atmosphere aspect of this restaurant, the amount of people there during Happy Hour made the experience fun. The hostesses and waitresses were extremely friendly who knew how to connect with their customers in unique ways, to ensure the most enjoyable experience. Towards the end of Happy Hour, people seemed to have trouble getting in the restaurant, which is usually a good sign for a restaurant.
The most important part of any restaurant is indeed the food. I would give the food a rating between good and spectacular, closer to spectacular. I got the opportunity to try a wide range of rolls, which were all delicious. The fish was indeed fresh, which was very apparent in the taste of the rolls. This restaurant gets extremely creative with some of the rolls they manage to put together. The California Club Roll was a roll that almost didn’t taste like sushi, especially because you dip it in ranch. The Spicy Tuna and Philly Roll are my top two; enchanting. While the price for some of these ‘specialty’ rolls can get a bit pricey, a few of them could have been enough to fill me up with just that one roll. The only negative things with the sushi rolls, except for some of the prices, were that some of them seemed to be thrown together. The presentation was good, but not spectacular. This could have easily been due to the amount of orders they had, but at some points I found the rolls falling apart during my meal.
With the spiciness of some of the sushi I ordered, I was always in need for more water; which was the only flaw in the service I received. The constant checking-up on my meal was not poor, but mediocre. The waitress, along with the hostess, was extremely friendly and was one of the main reasons why my experience was so pleasant. She guided me in the direction of a couple rolls that I thoroughly enjoyed, along with some appetizers. Apart from constantly refilling my water the service was top class!

• Visited April 2014

Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Wasn't Allowed to Try Food or Drink”
Reviewed 5 April 2014

The restaurant has handicap parking and a wheelchair can get in through the front door, but it only has booths that are up on a step and counter-height tables and chairs. This is not ADA-compliant. I am in a wheelchair and the hostess expected me to hop out and up a step. My husband and I had to leave and find another sushi restaurant that allowed me to eat while sitting in my wheelchair. I'm guessing the food and value are okay based on other reviews but since we weren't allowed to find out, I really don't know.

• Visited April 2014
New Providence, New Jersey
“Good sushi rolls”
Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

We ate at this restaurant during Happy Hour. They mostly serve a large variety of rolls. They were very tasty but even with the happy hour prices, I still felt it was a little over priced.

• Visited March 2014
Seattle, Washington
“Solid Sushi”
Reviewed 14 February 2014

A restaurant that's easy to miss in the never ending strip malls of AZ, this place is good if you are craving sushi. It seemed like an upscale RA and had good if not spectacular sushi. They do show alot of creativity in their rolls and tried a handful of ones I've never heard before, california club roll, chimichanga roll and surfer roll. California club roll was good but didn't taste like sushi (especially since you dip it in ranch), chimichanga roll was average, however the surfer roll was delicious. The specialty rolls are a little pricey but one surfer roll seemed big enough to fill me up.

• Visited February 2014
Glendale, Arizona
“Once is enough!”
Reviewed 17 January 2014

Nothing special, expected more. Noisy, crowded. Menu not too favorable for someone who just went along with the "Sushi overs".

Visited August 2013