“Good menu selections”

Charleston's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Charleston's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #88 of 1,325 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Price range: US$6 - US$30
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Charleston's Scottsdale! Located just west of TPC Scottsdale Champion Course, Charleston's is the perfect spot to enjoy a weekday work lunch, date night before a movie or drinks and apps before a local event.
Reviewed 17 January 2014

Very good food and service.chicken tenders were my favourites. I also had the filet on night and it was cooked perfectly.

Reviewed 9 January 2014

Came for dinner with my spouse on the night of December 1st. Upon entering, the restaurant appeared to be fairly crowded, but we were assured they would find us a table. We were seated promptly. After reviewing the menu, we ordered a glass of wine each and then placed our dinner order. As we enjoyed our wine we looked around the restaurant at the decor and the patrons. There were several large parties. Apparently, this restaurant is popular with the senior crowd. After at least 30 minutes, the server came over and said our dinner order was "working", and we ordered another glass of wine. After another 15-20 minutes, she came back and said dinner would be up "soon." After several more minutes, a manager came over to the table to explain that the kitchen was "a little behind." Initially, we had told our server the first delay was not a big issue, but we had now waited nearly an hour since placing the order. At long last, the dinner plates were brought out.

My spouse's prime rib was overcooked: ordered medium-rare, but the entire cut was grey. I ordered the chicken fried steak, which was not good either: served cold, the coating was a mile thick and tasteless, and the meat was tough (you need to bring your sharp teeth to eat this dish). Fries were so salty, if you are on a low salt diet, this is not the place for you.

It became evident to us that they were obviously understaffed and the kitchen was overwhelmed. The management was clearly aware of what was going on, and you'd think they'd at least ensure hot food, and perhaps offer a complimentary beverage or other consideration for the long wait. No such luck here.

Reviewed 21 December 2013

I love Charleston's (Scottsdale)!!!! It is undoubtedly my favorite restaurant for any occasion. The bar is great with cute booths and a huge open bar with TVs if you wish to see a game that day. I wouldn't by any means classify it a sports bar but it has a nice feel if you want to watch a game.
I have never had a bad meal there--ever-- and the service has always been great.
My favorite food choices are the Chicken Ciabatta sandwich--which is not a chicken breast slapped on a bun but has shaved chicken and lots of yummy peppers and a delicious sauce. Nice soft ciabatta too. I get it almost every time.
Walt's Champagne Chicken Salad is outstanding. Again, delicious shaved chicken, pineapple, strawberries, you name it. A great meal salad. Their dinner salads are cold and crisp and the 1000 Island is the best I've had anywhere. Get the carrots----to die for. I don't know what they do but they are sweet and gooey and in large chunks. My hubby gets the blackened trout(trout is usually the fish of the day) and loooooves it. They serve homemade croissants that melt in your mouth. Love the chicken-fried steak and Reuben sandwich. But mostly we order the first items I mentioned. Haven't tried many desserts but their bread pudding is excellent and if they have pineapple upside down cake(which is almost never) it is scrumptious.
The ambiance in the restaurant is dark and romantic with almost all booths(which we love) with lots of brick details. Lovely lovely restaurant. A little more expensive than a usual eclectic restaurant but I think worth every cent. You won't hear a bad word out of me on this place.

Reviewed 16 December 2013

We first came here nearly four years ago at the suggestion of the Marriott across Scottsdale Road. It was delicious and we have been coming ever since every time we are in the area.

We invariably wind up getting the grilled trout which frequently is the catch of the day. Very large portion makes this selection well worth the money. Accompanied by excellent service and a very cozy ambiance with the faux brick walls and the gas lamps, this is a fabulous dining experience which we plan to keep returning for.

The table next to ours ordered the brownie to go. With chocolate sauce and a side of vanilla ice cream, this could be a meal in itself.

Reviewed 27 November 2013

We came here for a rewards lunch from work. I had never been here before but I loved their food! The service could use a little work. I think they were short-staffed that day. With that being said, everything I ordered was delicious. I could go here just for the rolls! They are amazing! I also got a french dip sandwich which again was delicious. Very pleased with our experience!

1  Thank Pfam07