“Fun Spot”

Ranked #588 of 1,295 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Price range: US$12 - US$12
Dining options: After-hours, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Central Scottsdale
Description: Ernie's Bar and Restaurant has been family owned and operated since 1973. Our mission is to stay true to our Maryland roots with our menu featuring options from seafood and steaks to sandwiches and burgers. Our crab cakes are the best in the West and a must try! Ernie's is the best place around to get Maryland's freshest steamed crab, shrimp, clams and assorted swimmers. Our casual sports bar and eatery has the valley's best karaoke 7 nights a week where all tastes in music are welcome. We have a top of the line sound system and an extensive music library that creates the most enjoyable karaoke experience available. If singing is not your cup of tea you can dance the night away on our large dance floor equipped with a fantastic light show. Singing & dancing begins at 8 p.M. Every night.
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Part dive bar, part restaurant, part karaoke bar, this place is always fun. Crowd is always into the karaoke and the bartenders are always friendly. Ate here once and got the steamed crabs. Was scared at first, wasn't sure if I wanted to eat crabs at a karaoke bar in the middle of the desert, but they said it was their specialty so had to try them. Glad I did, delicious...somewhat pricey but I believe because they said they fly them in from the east coast. All and all, a fun spot away from all the "Scottsdale" places.

Reviewed 2 October 2012

We've lived in Scottsdale for years and having never tried Ernies, we ventured a stop one day and boy were we surprised. The owners are a Maryland family and that shows in the delicous crab cakes. You can even get Maryland blue crabs on the weekend in season. We've been several times and they never disappoint. Reasonably priced too.

Reviewed 30 July 2012

I was in Scottsdale for vacation and wanted to meet up with friends while I was in town. We first hit another restaurant/bar that had terrible service. Another friend suggested the cozy Ernie's Inn as our next destination. There are two sections: one that was enclosed with a bar and a karaoke stage/set up and the other with another bar but it was very open.

Service was great. We didn't eat but the drinks were good and the waitress was attentive and fun. She teased with us (which I love in a server) and was helpful with my drink questions. Even said if I didn't like it she would make me something else - she was very caring.

Karaoke was quite loud but added a cool element to the atmosphere.

This is one of the places I am looking forward to visiting again next time I am in Scottsdale.

Reviewed 29 February 2012

Ok, ernies is a local joint, A fun spot, but smokers unite and with all the windows open you freeze when the weather is cool., go into the other dining/bar area (they have 2) and you could kill yourself because karoke seems always to be the draw in this bar... the food is bar food, thats it. deep fried . But hey its a bar and a good one too.

Ok, now the good stuff. It is a cool hangout. have fun, talk loud, watch the game and chill out (literally). I go here often and like it. Accepting of tourists and locals alike.

good juke box and once in a while catch a poker game. shuffle board from the 50's. loads of parking, but beware, do not drink a lot. Scottsdale police patrol heavy. All people are welcome and I can enjoy myself.

Reviewed 22 December 2011

Errnie's Inn was great Karaoke fun on a Thursday night. Scottsdale has a multitude of great voices and we enjoyed ourselves past midnight. To my surprise, a lot of my colleagues have greats sets of pipes as well.