“Good Kabobs!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #179 of 1,239 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Cheap Eats
“Good Kabobs!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

Good food overall. Family owned business. Great for takeout and reasonably priced. Large amount of food!

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Majgen

Phoenix, AZ
“Sorry we are closing. ”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2013 via mobile

Wife and I eat there often. One night we stopped in 45 min before closing to grab a sandwich. The old man who runs place with son was there and rude.. He said " were closed. If you want to stay you have to eat here." Pointing to the first table at the door. We turned around and left. I'm not spending money at a place that is rude to customers. Glad I left.

1 Thank Dude_az
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Food and Great Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

Overall was a great experience with great food. Clean, friendly and good prices. I'll definatly be heading back.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank smi99014
Phoenix, Arizona
“Good food, reasonably priced, local/family run”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

If you are looking for Scottsdale pretense and bluster, you won't find it here (and the restaurant is in NE Phoenix, not Scottsdale, anyhow...). If you are looking for the grunge and b.o. of Beirut (or Detroit), this is also not your place. On the other hand, if you are looking for an expansive menu of very good Greek and Levantine cuisine - reasonable prices and portions - warm, friendly, family service - in a clean, well-run atmosphere - you will find it here. In several visits to Saba's, I have yet to be disappointed; we would be regulars if we lived closer.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank TANSTAAFL1
Phoenix, Arizona
“One of the best Mediterranean restaurants anywhere!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2013

We've been eating at Sabas for years. Love the delicious food, the reasonable prices, and the wonderful family who owns and runs it. Like other reviewers, we've enjoyed not only their excellent cuisine, but their warm personality and personalized attention. Our favorites include their hummus and baba ghanoush, the Chicken Breast on the Greens salad (amazing marinated & grilled chicken over a Greek salad), Sleepy Giro salad, and either of the vegetarian-combo platters. But, EVERYTHING we have ever tried from their menu has been great.

In my travels over the years, I have eaten Mediterranean/Greek food all over the world. Where ever I go I always find myself comparing the food to Sabas. So far, Sabas hummus, in particular, has always come out ahead--to my palate anyway! As you can tell, we LOVE Sabas and their food. If you are looking for some great Med cuisine in unpretentious surroundings, we can"t recommend it highly enough!

Visited April 2013