“Nice Location - Poor Performance & Value for the $$”
Review of Armitage Wine Lounge Cafe - CLOSED

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: North Scottsdale
Cross street: Thompson Peak & Pima
Castle Rock, Colorado
“Nice Location - Poor Performance & Value for the $$”
Reviewed 28 November 2012

Enjoying wine and good food made this place seem like a no-brainer. They had some comfortable sofas designed for the Happy Hour Crowd, but the rest of the seating was on hard chairs.

The location is great, but after being seated inside and unable to hear myself talk to my wife, due to the noise being generated from the people at a big table inside and the hard surfaces, we retreated to the patio. The lighting out there was so poor that, reading the menu would have been easier if it was in braille. The wine list was pretty extensive and pretty expensive as well relative to the actual cost of the wine. We both ordered some medallions of beef- medium rare with a bottle of moderately priced red wine...if $38 a bottle qualifies. The waitress seemed indifferent and only made rare appearances and after she served the wine was rarely seen. When the food arrived, the portions were minute and the medallions were tough and were well done. The plates were presented with so napkins or silverware, but with a big steak knive. I guess we were supposed to eat it with our fingers. We had to ask for napkins and silverware and then later some bread.

I would be surprised if this place survives in the current economy. Poor Value..Poor Service..Poor Preparation....can't overcome just having a nice location. I won't be coming back. WHEW !!!!!

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank LACASAZ

Surprise, Arizona
“Voucher Rip Off”
Reviewed 5 September 2012

I bought a voucher from Travel Zoo to use at Armitage Bistro in Scottsdale, AZ. I paid $35.00 for the voucher which had on the front in big bold lettesr I could get $74.00 worth of food. It was OK to share the starter as outlined on the voucher. Ok we get two glasses of wine per the voucher. Then we came to the entree, problem yes, the entree was only sandwiches which could of an entree, bad thinking. We had two more glasses of wine, which I knew I had to pay for. Then the bill. Would you belief $50.00? Thus adding the original $35.00 plus the $50.00 tab, I paid $85.00 for a meal that was basically 3 sliders for me and a sandwich for my wife and I was stuck with an %18 tip of $15.38. No More Travel Zoo voucher for me.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Dallen C
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Nice place, above average food.”
Reviewed 11 March 2012

Came here for the first time and we were generally impressed. Nice comfortable atmosphere located in a dining/shopping village in North Scottsdale. The food itself is basic but just a step above your standard bar food. Staff was very friendly and what we liked was their happy hour went unril 7pm. Well worth a visit if you're in the area.

• Visited March 2012
Clearwater, FL
“Grilled artichoke was a WOW”
Reviewed 25 January 2012

Hiked 6 miles this morning in the McDowell Mtns. Had never thought about this place but there it was. The outdoor shaded tables were compelling. We shared a grilled artichoke appetizer. It was perfect. Then it got better, we both ordered the spinach salad with grilled chicken. The goat cheese and cranberries were so flavorful. They had a high end black iced tea, no carbs, I'm real happy. Perfect late lunch, great ambiance, people watching, 5 stars. Kinzi was our server, we took her advice, brought home a take out menu, how happy am I?

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank jimvet1826
Wisconsin
“Great food, atmosphere, and of course - wine!”
Reviewed 1 November 2011

We enjoyed happy hour at this wonderful establishment. It is located in an upscale part of northern Scottsdale. The atmosphere was quaint. The food was flavorful. The service was exceptional. Thank you for a wonderful experience!

• Visited October 2011