“Open late when others aren't”
Review of Armitage Wine Lounge Cafe - CLOSED

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: North Scottsdale
Cross street: Thompson Peak & Pima
Reviewed 10 March 2013

My friend flew in late and we couldn't find anything open near our condo in northeast Scottsdale so we just lucked into this place. Good wine list, cheese board and friendly service.

Reviewed 18 February 2013

My wife and I enjoyed a Saturday evening with another couple at the Armitage @ DC Ranch.

The DC Ranch area is very cool and worth just walking around this open air shopping plaza to see the eclectic architecture and different types of buildings. We enjoyed (shared-get your own :)) the PAN SEARED BEEF MEDALLIONS, WHITE CHEDDAR POTATO CAKE, GREEN BEAN SLAW & PAN DRIPPINGS. Next time I will get my own dish it was a little too small to share in my opinion.

with a GRILLED CHICKEN CAESAR salad ROASTED TOMATO, PARMESAN, CROUTONS & CAPER CAESAR DRESSING. I thought the medallions were very good the potato cake just ok and the great bean slaw well seemed like just green beans. I think there were 3 green beans total on the plate so it was more of a garnish than something to mention on the menu if you are only going to have 3-4 green beans on a plate.

The GRILLED CHICKEN CAESAR was also very tasty and I enjoyed the roasted tomato on the salad.

The food was pretty good if I was going to spend $50.00 on a nice meal I would probably try something else NEXT in DC Ranch. Yes I would go back but try some other places first.

There was live music the night we were there and they were good background music. We sat outside and the music from the restaurant was still on while the band played kinda of bugged me but didn't tell a server should have. Our server was attentive and did an excellent job not pushy or to present or not enough present was good on water refills.

Quite possible the best part of the meal was the ARMITAGE BAKED COOKIE -CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE,ICE CREAM, WHIP CREAM & CHOCOLATE SAUCE.

It was really good because the cookie was hot as if it had just been taken out of the oven....too much whip cream for my taste but the hot cookie with ice cream was a perfect way to end the evening. We made reservations but I don't think you would need at least the night we went Saturday at 7:15 pm it was half full.

1  Thank diamondback818
Reviewed 12 January 2013

The husband and I decided to try something new last night so we stopped in at Armitage for happy hour. The place was quite empty so we got a nice seat at the bar to start the evening festivities. The atmosphere was old world and cozy and had a great wine bar feel to it.

We started off with a glass of their $5 house merlot which was quite good and a glass of their $7 Angeline Pino Noir which I did not enjoy.

Next we each ordered a bowl of french onion soup. It was just okay. I thought it was a little sweet. It had a bunch of croutons thrown in it and the cheese had been nuked in the microwave before being served. I prefer mine browned and bubbly under the broiler before it is served.

After that, we order the hummus platter. The presentation was nice; however it was flavorless. The hummus was plain. The should use a hummus with more flavor. Maybe roasted red pepper, or pesto or garlic or something. But seriously, no flavor at all.

Overall, prices were fair and it seemed like a nice place but, with all of the good food in the valley, I probably wouldn't go back.

Reviewed 28 November 2012

Enjoying wine and good food made this place seem like a no-brainer. They had some comfortable sofas designed for the Happy Hour Crowd, but the rest of the seating was on hard chairs.

The location is great, but after being seated inside and unable to hear myself talk to my wife, due to the noise being generated from the people at a big table inside and the hard surfaces, we retreated to the patio. The lighting out there was so poor that, reading the menu would have been easier if it was in braille. The wine list was pretty extensive and pretty expensive as well relative to the actual cost of the wine. We both ordered some medallions of beef- medium rare with a bottle of moderately priced red wine...if $38 a bottle qualifies. The waitress seemed indifferent and only made rare appearances and after she served the wine was rarely seen. When the food arrived, the portions were minute and the medallions were tough and were well done. The plates were presented with so napkins or silverware, but with a big steak knive. I guess we were supposed to eat it with our fingers. We had to ask for napkins and silverware and then later some bread.

I would be surprised if this place survives in the current economy. Poor Value..Poor Service..Poor Preparation....can't overcome just having a nice location. I won't be coming back. WHEW !!!!!

2  Thank LACASAZ
Reviewed 5 September 2012

I bought a voucher from Travel Zoo to use at Armitage Bistro in Scottsdale, AZ. I paid $35.00 for the voucher which had on the front in big bold lettesr I could get $74.00 worth of food. It was OK to share the starter as outlined on the voucher. Ok we get two glasses of wine per the voucher. Then we came to the entree, problem yes, the entree was only sandwiches which could of an entree, bad thinking. We had two more glasses of wine, which I knew I had to pay for. Then the bill. Would you belief $50.00? Thus adding the original $35.00 plus the $50.00 tab, I paid $85.00 for a meal that was basically 3 sliders for me and a sandwich for my wife and I was stuck with an %18 tip of $15.38. No More Travel Zoo voucher for me.

1  Thank Dallen C