“Champagne brunch (brill)”

Cuisines: Southwestern
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Went with ten friends for a champagne brunch on a Sunday and the owner (Linda) laid on a private table tucked away in a secluded corner and went out of her way to delight us in every way possible (and she suceeded), what a lovely person, the staff were attentive in the most pleasing of ways and I truly mean nothing was to much trouble for them. The food seemed slow in arriving but I believe Linda made it so, so as to give us time to indulge in our friendship, the food was supurb the service was above and beyond the call of duty and in the words of Arnie "I'll be back"

Reviewed 27 April 2014

I first came across this place in Prescott at their sister restaurant Prescott Station last year. I absolutely loved the food and took my folks up there a couple of months ago. When I found out they were opening a location is Scottsdale I was so excited!! We had brunch there today and again was blown away! The menu is so unique it's hard to decide what to get. Our server, Jonathon, was friendly, attentive and had a great sense of humor. He gave us recommendations and they were spot on. I have been to a lot of restaurants in Scottsdale and this is by far my favorite. This will definitely be a regular spot for me. And for you dessert lovers: They have mini versions of their desserts so you can try them all...I highly recommend doing just that....and make the Dessert Nachitos one of them!

Reviewed 4 April 2014

I ordered the prime rib. They pride themselves on all natural meat from Niman Ranch. The prime rib was so tough to cut let alone chew. That's why I would have fed it to my dog. Maybe not. Very disappointing. It's too bad good people have to work in a bad restaurant.

1  Thank John W
Reviewed 2 April 2014

I really hope the owner reads these reviews. Why did you spend so much money on a great interior only to have REALLY inadequate service?? the only redeeming part of the experience was the hostess who was very nice.
We were there after a busy day for a little happy hour break. I ordered a ceaser salad and a cheese platter. I really enjoy my items to come all together and always anticipate a cheese platter because it is a quick order and everyone has fun enjoying it. Everyone finished eating our initial orderings (the raw platter was good) I ate my ceaser salad very slow because I wanted to pair it with the cheese. It took so long that I asked another wait person to please check on it because our waitress never returned. Finally it came- really just too late. By that time we were over it.
Then I asked for some bread to go. You know- a small basket of bread like they had on all of the diners tables in the dining room??? I waited again and asked another wait person to check on the bread. Then 15 minutes out it comes. It's buttered garlic bread not a bread you would use for cheese.!!!!! UGHHH! My goodness, how do you screw up a cheese board and bread? That's food 101 ?? It's almost comical. That came later in the Manager. When we complained the waitress was so rude, she dismissed us and said I will have you speak to the manager. Really does this simple and small problem need a manager?
Manager comes 10 minutes later. I tell him what happened and that we initially waited too long for the cheese and then an additional 15 minutes for bread to come and he mockingly and in a very condescending way raised his eyebrows and said " 15 minutes, really" ? I asked him if he was joking because it was so sarcastic. I was very nice just explaining my dismay at this debacle.
I own my own small business. If a client of mine is ever unhappy I do anything I can to make it right. I don't like to leave bad reviews because I know readers take them seriously.
They did nothing to make it right. Charged us for the cheeseboard ( which I really wasn't looking for a freebie) All I wanted was to have a nice, light meal in a timely fashion in a place where people are professional and enjoy what they do. That was not the case here. The funny thing was there were only 2 people eating at the bar and 2 other tables taken with only 2 guests at each. I can't imagine what would happen if this place was busy!
When we were leaving I walked around the dining room and noticed bread baskets on every table. I asked a bus boy if everyone was served bread at the table in the dining room. Yes was the answer.
The service here is not good! If the service is questionable the manager does nothing and makes you feel obnoxious for pointing it out. I can't imagine the owner wanting the restaurant to be represented this way. Unless the manager was the owner and if so, this place is really going to be in trouble.

3  Thank Mooremountain
Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

The guys in the raw bar did a nice job.but service was bad and they served a cheese plate with ginger cookies instead of sliced Baggett. We asked for a sliced baggett for the cheese plate, and she came 15 minutes later with garlic bread. The happy hour margaritas were weak. And then the manager wanted to be condescending. You may want to take a pass on this place

1  Thank crewzenbuy