“horseback riding - very nice”
Review of MacDonald's Ranch

MacDonald's Ranch
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Your trip to the Valley of the Sun will be a memory you will never forget! Leave the city behind and enjoy the peaceful, scenic Sonoran Desert on one of our many horses. We are proud of our gentle and friendly herd! Call today to check availability!
Brussels, Belgium
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“horseback riding - very nice”
Reviewed 10 December 2013

went horseback riding for an hour ~~ I believe it was only $40 per person.
Nice guide. animals were nice and very sightseeing.
My guide was not only nice, but funny, helpful, calm, and full of awesome fun facts. You really feel like a friend, not just another customer, which really made a good impression on me. There's no way you can't feel safe and well taken care of :).

Visited October 2013

Gold Coast
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Western experience”
Reviewed 20 November 2013

I took the 2 hour private trail ride, Rusty was my wrangler, he was really knowledgeable both about horses and the desert. My horse Kidd was the perfect gentleman and I felt very safe riding him. The scenery was beautiful with views to the McDowell's! I guess my only disappointment was we were on well worn trails, that I'm sure the horses knew so well they could have guided themselves, also as an intermediate rider it would gave been nice to have been able to have the opportunity to go a little faster sometimes! The horses and other animals on this farm are really well looked after, staff really friendly, I thoroughly enjoyed my time there.

Visited November 2013
San Diego, California
3 attraction reviews
“Time warp to the old west.”
Reviewed 20 November 2013 via mobile

Great place to bring the kids! Pieing zoo was fun for them and it was free as well. Lots of horses for you to interact with, and lots of picture opportunities as well. We will be back to check out the horseback riding and other events that they have to offer when we have more time.

Visited November 2013
Stanfield, Arizona
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Scenic Horseback Ride!”
Reviewed 18 November 2013

We took a 90-minute horseback ride for less than $30 a person using the Travelzoo Deal! Staff, horses, equipment, and safety were all excellent. We enjoyed the Sonoran Desert views, flora and fauna from the saddle. Good place for new riders.

Tip: Go early during summer months to avoid the heat. We started at 8am and it was already very hot by 9:30 when we finished our ride.

Visited July 2013
Chicago, IL
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“fun for kids”
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Initially kids didn’t want to go because it was their first time on the horse, but afterwards they said it was fun. Easy pace, through Ranch’s desert grounds. If you go in the summer, do the mornings ride; it gets really hot on the horse.

Visited August 2013