“Best Hotel In Scottsdale”
Review of Hotel Valley Ho

Hotel Valley Ho
Ranked #6 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
GreenLeadersBronze level
Arizona
“Best Hotel In Scottsdale”
Reviewed 28 February 2012

I travel to the Phoeniz area often and have stayed at the big hotels even a Five Diamond property just down the road, but this very hip hotel is by far the best I have stayed at in this area. The retro 50's feel yet moderness to it is real very nice. I loved the outdoor fireplaces and the pool is centered in the middle of the main buildings. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for something different. The staff was very friendly and I enjoyed speaking with the concierge Judy about all the activities that the hotel and Scottsdale had to offer.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank sedona2003
Kristin_Heggli, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Valley Ho, responded to this review, 1 March 2012
Wow, thank you for your lovely review! I'm glad you enjoyed the style of the hotel as well as the service of our staff. We appreciate your business and look forward to hope to see you again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (441)
Norfolk, Virginia
Reviewed 24 February 2012

I spent the week traveling around Arizona with my wife and we ended up here. The hotel is beautiful and modern. We picked the hotel for the pool and we were very happy. The lazy river was great, lots of chairs with shade to choose from. This is a nice feature because I hate fighting for chairs by the pool while on vacation. The drinks by the pool were reasonable priced and the food was good. Also there is free self parking at the hotel. The rooms were very nice with comfy beds. Also the rooms were very clean which is very important to my wife. Overall we were very happy with the room and would return.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jack B
Kristin_Heggli, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Valley Ho, responded to this review, 27 February 2012
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay! The OH Pool is definitely a nice place to relax this time of year. We do not have a lazy river, but rather the pool and two jacuzzis. Thank you for your review, and hopefully we will see you soon!
seattle
Reviewed 20 February 2012

This place was fabulous! I came here for my bachelorette party with 8 of my dearest girlfriends and we got one of the deluxe suites and 2 doubles - 1100 square feet of fun, retro, relaxation PLUS 1100 square feet of outdoor patio to boot! The tub in the suite is too cute, and the throwback decor in this place right down to the clicky pens is all carefully selected to make you forget that you live in the present. Loved it. Service was great... we even had a bellboy come to our door periodically to make sure we had everything we needed! And the girl at the pool offered to grab sunscreen from her car for us! Food was delicious... everything we ordered from the restaurant was yummmmmy.... especially the truffle oil grilled cheese.... don't miss out on that one :) We were able to walk to Scottsdale Fashion Square for some shopping (less than a mile) and take short golf cart rides (fun!) to all the hot spots (Mint, Revolver, The W). If you are looking for a place in Scottsdale that is close to the action, doesn't break the bank, and just overall terrific... STAY HERE!!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank vickstravels
Kristin_Heggli, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Valley Ho, responded to this review, 21 February 2012
It sounds like you and your girlfriends had a really fun time! I'm glad you enjoyed your rooms, the pool, and our service. I am also a huge fan of the Truffled Grilled Cheese...you are making me hungry! We hope to see you here again, and congratulations on your wedding!
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 19 February 2012

Who would have thought that a remodeled Ramada Inn could be converted into one of Scottsdale's most noted resorts and home to many celebrity guests and people with discriminating taste. The retro look of the hotel takes you back to better days and puts you in the mood to relax in style. The rooms are ultra comfortable and leave you wanting for nothing. The food and the staff are superb and take great delight in caring for their guest. We'll return again and look forward to another fantastic stay.

1 Thank AMB8825
Thank you for your review! To give you a little history, the hotel first opened in 1956 as the independent Hotel Valley Ho. Ramada did purchase the resort in the 70s, but its recent restoration aimed to restore it to its heyday, with a little modern flair. I'm glad you enjoyed our cuisine and that our staff made you feel welcome. We look forward to seeing you again!
Rehoboth Beach, Delaware
Reviewed 14 February 2012

Loved the retro look in all of the rooms - bedding was excellent! Surprising good food for a hotel - ahi tuna salad was superb! Easy to walk to old town!

Room Tip: Request a room in the tower or if you are in a wing, request a room closer to the main lobby.
1 Thank AccentOnTravel
Kristin_Heggli, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Valley Ho, responded to this review, 16 February 2012
I'm glad you enjoyed the hotel, and the food at ZuZu! Old Town is definitely a great area to walk around. We hope to welcome you back, perhaps for a leisure visit! Thank you very much.
Los Angeles
Reviewed 11 February 2012

I had the pleasure of returning to the Valley Ho and left even happier than I did from my last trip. I stayed in a suite and was pleased to find things I had not found before. I was not aware of the full stove until just before I checked out, but I liked that it was there and available. This trip I also used the washer and dryer in the room and they worked great and were also very quiet. The best part of all, was having a family member over who had just heard she would be separating from her partner before arriving in tears, and once she saw the room, her reaction was priceless. She was so impressed by the room that she stopped sobbing and I took her on a tour of the room. It really is that good! This hotel is incredible, and if you want an experience, stay in the suites. You will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Suites are not that much more than the regular rooms, but they are worth every penny. Some face pool...
2 Thank eyebehold
Thank you for your review. It sounds like you stayed in one of our suites in the tower. I also love these! I'm glad you were able to take full advantage of the amenities, and that the room helped comfort your family member. We hope to see you again!
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Reviewed 10 February 2012

My second visit and definitely not the last. Great property, comfortable rooms with lot's of space to relax.

Meals at Zuzu Cafe are fabulous. Althoug I visited the restaurant various times day or night I need to do special mension of their "Truffled Grilled Cheese Sandwich" with arugula and grilled tomatoes....simply delicious,,,,ad bacon and you will be in heaven!. Enough said! Grat wine list too

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Kristin_Heggli, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Valley Ho, responded to this review, 13 February 2012
I'm pleased to hear about your experience at the hotel! I also love the Truffled Grilled Cheese...it's a nice variation of a delicious classic. We look forward to seeing you again and thank you for your review.