“Great location & Amenities”
Review of Hotel Valley Ho

Hotel Valley Ho
Ranked #7 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 27 June 2013

This was our second visit & we were not disappointed. Great location to Old Town & access to the local Trolley. ..It is definitely a Hotel with a character all it's own..The staff are all very helpful , friendly, & professional...Feels like you are staying with friends who care about your needs. Great pool, fun servers & wait staff & the beds are out of this world comfortable....would definitely stay here again & again.........

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Bill M
Kristin_Heggli, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Valley Ho, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2013

Thank you for your review! The free Downtown Scottsdale Trolley is definitely a great way to get around the area. Have a wonderful summer.

Reviewed 25 June 2013

This hotel was exactly what I was looking for! The hotel had a great atmosphere and the crowd was not too young! The rooms were spacious and had a perfect retro feel! The food was good and the lobby bar was fun and I loved our waitress on Thursday/Saturday nights! She was so fun! The girls and I have decided we would love to make another trip out!

Room Tip: Choose the tower rooms! They are great!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Kristin_Heggli, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Valley Ho, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2013

Thank you for your review! We're glad you had a fun time with your girlfriends.

Reviewed 23 June 2013

I initially was at the Valley Ho for a business meeting, where out of towners from our group were staying. The group block rate was reasonable, so my husband decided to join me for a one-night staycation. The resort is quirky and fun with the most amazing retro renovation I've ever seen. Our group enjoyed drinks in the lounge and all of the meals we had were fantastic. Our second day we enjoyed some time at the pool. It was beautiful, clean and packed with locals and tourists beating the AZ heat. We then went to the spa for massage. It was quaint with a lounge area to wait for therapist and I enjoyed the steam room after my massage. If you are a local wanting a nearby retreat or a tourist wanting to stay somewhere a little different, I would definitely recommend the Ho!

Room Tip: If you'd like a quiet room just ask when you make your reservation and they are happy to serve y...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Kristin_Heggli, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Valley Ho, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2013

We appreciate your review! You might like our monthly four-course Chef's Table in ZuZu.

Reviewed 20 June 2013

We had eaten at the hotel restaurant (Cafe ZuZu) several times and thought we'd try a staycation there. VERY happy we did. Great room, and excellent service from the staff. The food at ZuZu was great, as usual, and the pool was tons of fun, with live music Friday night and a DJ Saturday afternoon. Also walking distance to Old Town Scottsdale, with lots of cool bars and restaurants nearby (we walked to The House Brasserie and had drinks ... the patio was great, even in June, and the service was outstanding there, as well). Probably wouldn't recommend it for kids ... there were some kids there, and I'm sure they were having fun, too, and they didn't see or hear anything inappropriate. But the vibe is definitely more for adults. Highly recommended for a couples outing or even just to hang with friends.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

I'm glad you finally decided to stay with us! We appreciate your comments and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 17 June 2013

The Valley Ho is absolutely amazing! I stayed there this past weekend, for the first time, and loved everything about it. The room was ADORABLE, super clean and the bed was insanely comfortable. The pool was a blast, with amazing service! I can't wait to come back, soon!

1  Thank Elma0410
Kristin_Heggli, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Valley Ho, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2013

Elma,

I'm glad you had a fun time at the pool! We appreciate your visit and your review.

Reviewed 17 June 2013

I've stayed at the Ho a couple times and it never fails to exceed my expectations.

This past time I brought my dog with me and it was like a staycation for him as well. Walking the grassy grounds, getting spoiled with treats from the concierge and sun bathing on the patio was just what we needed to relax.

I love booking a weekend with friends because whether it's a trip to get ice or a pop-in/pop-out of Zuzu I always spot someone I know and feel like a million bucks.

Their boutique gym is also unexpectedly tranquil. Great view and there's a mini studio space to stretch, do yoga or jump rope.

Next time I definitely want to cruise around Old Town on their beach cruisers (or bring my own bike!) as well as hit up the rooftop patio.

The Valley Ho can do no wrong in my mind.

Room Tip: Building 6 was a little noisy with traffic, would push for a courtyard-facing room next time!
1  Thank Stefanie G

We appreciate your review! We are always happy to accommodate room preferences whenever possible. I also love the courtyard-facing rooms. We offer a range of classes in our movement studio, including yoga, Zumba, and more. Cheers!

Reviewed 17 June 2013

What an escape! I have "staycationed" here a few times; the reasonable summer rates, always-friendly service and impeccably clean + comfy rooms make for the perfect getaway.

I typically book a treatment at the spa during my stays for maximum relaxation. Although there aren't many amenities, they have great monthly and weekday specials and all of the therapists are gracious and professional. Book a Lomi Lomi massage for a completely blissful experience!

Spend your day poolside for an energetic vibe along with attentive servers who always keep your ice water full or queue up cocktails and bites. The bar/lounge at ZuZu is the perfect place to unwind and socialize before heading out to one (or two...or three!) of the sea of amazing restaurants and bars nearby. And if you've melted into your heavenly bed, order room service to put yourself in total vacation bum mode...you won't wanna leave the Valley Ho!

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank kaliajp

I love the Lomi Lomi, great choice! We really appreciate your review, and hope to see you again soon.