“Another great experience”

GreenLeadersBronze level
minneapolis
“Another great experience”
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I had the opportunity to combine business with a couple days off again at the Valley Ho. I have stayed here many times over several years. The customer service is exceptional and it really feels like that ownership and every team member has bought into their vision. The food is great, the pool atmosphere is wonderful and every service is exceptional. Valley Ho is also close to many Old Town attractions.....my only advice to ownership is to find another gem like this and restore it to the glory days as well. You might consider the grand hotel in St. Pete's Beach for your next venture!

Room Tip: Although I stayed in a smaller room this time, consider the poolside patio rooms for a great view.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Kristin_Heggli, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Valley Ho, responded to this review, 10 July 2013
We appreciate your review! Thank you for staying with us and we hope your travels bring you back to Scottsdale soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (442)
Flagstaff, Arizona
Reviewed 5 July 2013

I was here for a business meeting and the hotel was great. We had good meeting space and a nice area for a reception. Room was nice and comfortable with a retro feel but also a nice modern bathroom. The hotel is right in the middle of Old Scottsdale and you can walk to all different types of restaurants, bars, clubs, etc. I never got to check out the pool, but it looked like quite a bit of fun. Remember that the retro nature of the place means that quite a few rooms open not into a hallway but to the outside. I got a great value rate during the summer for my meeting, so my value rating is possibly higher than how someone would feel paying full tilt prices during the winter. Very good service. This can be a hotel for a younger crowd, so be aware that this is often a place to come and "be seen" and is not necessarily a "quiet getaway", if that is what you are looking for.

Room Tip: I was in building 6 and got to have a hallway entrance to my room rather than having an outside entr...
Green Features: I only stayed one night, so I am not sure. I did see signs that towels would not be washed if hung up.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Kristin_Heggli, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Valley Ho, responded to this review, 8 July 2013
Thank you for your review! Our average guest tends to be slightly younger in the summer (especially weekends), but throughout the year we see guests of all ages. Have a pleasant summer!
Appleton, Wisconsin
Reviewed 3 July 2013

This Retro Style Hotel was a very pleasant surprise. Located in the heart of Old Scottsdale and close to everything. Even though I had a rental car, I could have walked most places to shop & eat. Supper Clean, great drinks & food, sizable rooms w/comfortable beds & furniture. The pool had upholstered lounges for 2 and they come to you with water and a drink/food menu. A nice spa & exercise room completed the package. What more can you ask for...all the comforts w/great smelling soap amenities and the ability to shop till you drop. I'm going back!

Room Tip: Our room over looked an interior court with a fountain...pretty & quiet.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Kristin_Heggli, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Valley Ho, responded to this review, 5 July 2013
We appreciate your review! We hope to see you on your next visit to Arizona.
Reviewed 28 June 2013

My family and I drove over six+ hours from Utah to stay one night at Valley Ho and we were able to check into our room around 4 AM and check out the next day. Front Desk, House Keeping, and Pool staff were great and very friendly!!!! Rooms are nice and clean with great A/C. With All-Around Great Customer Service from Valley Ho we are a returning customer for sure!!! :)

• Stayed June 2013
Kristin_Heggli, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Valley Ho, responded to this review, 1 July 2013
I'm glad to hear you had such a wonderful stay. We look forward to your next one!
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 27 June 2013

This was our second visit & we were not disappointed. Great location to Old Town & access to the local Trolley. ..It is definitely a Hotel with a character all it's own..The staff are all very helpful , friendly, & professional...Feels like you are staying with friends who care about your needs. Great pool, fun servers & wait staff & the beds are out of this world comfortable....would definitely stay here again & again.........

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Bill M
Thank you for your review! The free Downtown Scottsdale Trolley is definitely a great way to get around the area. Have a wonderful summer.
Monrovia, California
Reviewed 25 June 2013

This hotel was exactly what I was looking for! The hotel had a great atmosphere and the crowd was not too young! The rooms were spacious and had a perfect retro feel! The food was good and the lobby bar was fun and I loved our waitress on Thursday/Saturday nights! She was so fun! The girls and I have decided we would love to make another trip out!

Room Tip: Choose the tower rooms! They are great!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Kristin_Heggli, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Valley Ho, responded to this review, 27 June 2013
Thank you for your review! We're glad you had a fun time with your girlfriends.
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 23 June 2013

I initially was at the Valley Ho for a business meeting, where out of towners from our group were staying. The group block rate was reasonable, so my husband decided to join me for a one-night staycation. The resort is quirky and fun with the most amazing retro renovation I've ever seen. Our group enjoyed drinks in the lounge and all of the meals we had were fantastic. Our second day we enjoyed some time at the pool. It was beautiful, clean and packed with locals and tourists beating the AZ heat. We then went to the spa for massage. It was quaint with a lounge area to wait for therapist and I enjoyed the steam room after my massage. If you are a local wanting a nearby retreat or a tourist wanting to stay somewhere a little different, I would definitely recommend the Ho!

Room Tip: If you'd like a quiet room just ask when you make your reservation and they are happy to serve y...
Green Features: Valley Ho is doing all of the things that resorts do to conserve water and energy. We were there long enough, but I know that they ask you to reuse towels, so that they have less to wash.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Kristin_Heggli, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Valley Ho, responded to this review, 24 June 2013
We appreciate your review! You might like our monthly four-course Chef's Table in ZuZu.