“A gem”

Hotel Valley Ho
Ranked #7 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Food at the restaurant is excellent, nice bar and pool, good ambience in general. Very good bed and linen, calm and comfy big room. loved the bath products! Good wi-fi, mini bar and room service,
walking distance to others restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Kristin_Heggli, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Valley Ho, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

We appreciate your review!

Reviewed 27 December 2013

Stayed here over the Christmas holidays and we expected a regular
Hotel experience. We found the Valley Ho to be much better. Although
It's an old hotel that has been updated, everything was done "top shelf".
Rooms were clean, and extremely well planned. The restaurant and
adjoining bar area was pleasant and food was well worth the price.
I will stay at the Valley Ho anytime I am in Scottsdale.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Edward O
Kristin_Heggli, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Valley Ho, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

I'm pleased to hear you had a wonderful stay at the hotel. We hope to see you in 2014!

Reviewed 17 December 2013

very nice if you are in the newer rooms. the history is great and I understand that butt hey could still upgrade the older part more tastefully. the older rooms have a bathroom basically in the middle of the room. they have put a non see through glass around it and have a very nice soaker tub. separate shower. and closed toilet area. nice idea but could still use some sprucing up considering what your paying. the grounds are beautiful and the restaurant Zulu is very nice. I highly recommend the gala burger! the breakfast parfait is also fantastic! oh yeah, so is the stuffed French toast!the upgraded rooms are beautiful especially the ones int he tower. I would go again but I would upgrade if y can afford it.

Room Tip: do your research on the room styles!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Kristin_Heggli, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Valley Ho, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2013

I'm sorry you did not like your Studio Guest Room, which has an open-style bathroom. Curtains can be used to fully enclose the bathroom area and offer more privacy. We have 21 of these rooms, and we make guests aware of the room layout through all photos and descriptions so that the open floor plan is not a surprise. The rest of our rooms have traditional-style bathrooms. I recommend one of those rooms if you prefer that type of layout. Our Signature Guest Rooms offer the best rate, and if you like The Tower, the Tower Signature Guest Rooms are actually offered at a lower rate than Studio Guest Rooms (with a traditional-style bathroom). We hope you will consider another stay. Thank you!

Reviewed 15 December 2013

I checked in and they made me feel like I was home. This super cool retro hotel was right out of the 50's but with a modern twist. I was there for a week and the staff could not have been more friendly. Even the landscaper Rueben was engaging with the guests. Room was super clean and love the products in the room (shampoo, conditioner, soap). Great looking property and if you get the chance to stay in Scottsdale stay here if you like fun and different.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Kristin_Heggli, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Valley Ho, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

Thank you for your comments! The in-room amenities are made by red flower; they created a scent just for us. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed 6 December 2013

We really did love this place.

We checked in having no reservations. We wanted a place to stay in the Old Scottsdale area and we had seen an ad for this hotel in the Desert Botanical Gardens brochure.

We were greeted by the valets, who were pleasant. And everyone, and I mean everyone, we encountered from then on was also pleasant, helpful and friendly. From the front-desk people to the serving staff in the restaurant and lounge, to the cleaners, and including the wonderful concierge.

Initially we checked in for one night, but we extended it two nights because we liked it so much.

We were impressed with the renovation and decor. We loved the style of the place. We were given a room with a patio - both the room and the patio were very comfortable. The entire place was super clean, the beds were comfortable, the amenities were great.

What we also liked was the proximity to Old Scottsdale and the gallery areas there. We walked there a number of times - taking different streets, searching out stores and coffee places. And there are a ton of restaurants in the area.

We ate a bite at the lounge one night and also ate Thanksgiving dinner there. Since we figured not much would be open for Thanksgiving, we made a reservation there, had the traditional thanksgiving dinner, and found it to be a terrific meal. We were only sorry we didn't have any room for dessert!

Don't know what the prices are like the rest of the year - we were there in November and found the price for the room and for the meals to be quite reasonable.

We would stay there again, for sure and will recommend it to our friends.

Room Tip: If you get the second floor, you don't have anybody clodding above you.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank readytoretirecalgary
Kristin_Heggli, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Valley Ho, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

I'm so glad you enjoyed your time at the hotel! Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

Reviewed 5 December 2013

Great location. Restaurants in walking distance. Room was spacious. End suite had superb views and wrap around patio. Lots of scratchy towels. Large shower and tub. 2 baths in suite. Shortage of trash can. The bed was comfy if a bit low to the ground. No top sheet just duvet(?)
A refrigerator would have been nice. Staff accommodating and pleasant. Staff helpful with directions even if not always correct.
The dog friendly aspect of the place put me off. I would not want to occupy a room that has been previously used by a large dog.

Room Tip: wings 5 and 6 are far from the lobby, which we liked.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review! I apologize for the scratchy towels; we just purchased new stock and are replacing our inventory to make sure that all towels are soft and luxurious. Our standard linen setup includes a duvet with removable cover, though a flat sheet can be provided upon request. We also have mini refrigerators available upon request, for a small fee. While we are pet friendly, we generally do not place pets in our Tower rooms, so you may prefer one of those.

Reviewed 29 November 2013

Okay, to start off on a positive note, it has a neat vibe, cool architecture and is trendy. The place is well organized, neat and clean. Enough said. We arrived late (I had called ahead to let them know) and as it turned out, the airline lost our luggage.
Once in the room (nice airy rooms, spacious, nice boutiquey layout), we had only one bathrobe (we had no clothes and need to do a quick wash and some patching). I went down to the front desk to ask for a spare robe (we had NOTHING to sleep in) and was told that their house-cleaning staff had locked the supplies up for the night and nothing was available. I thought on the spot, hey, what about the other rooms? any spare bathrobes?? reception stated that the hotel was fully booked (it wasn't as the two rooms on either side of us were empty and I looked online and rooms were still available). Strike 1. I asked if they had a spare sewing kit. Nope, sorry, all out. Strike 2. There was no strike three but I found the night staff a wee bit on the lazy side and frankly couldn't care less. There was a party in full swing on the ground floor and to add insult to injury, some drunk 20 somethings (felt like a hook up joint) spilt beer accidentally on my only set of clothes for the next 4 days (finally our luggage caught up with us). So, a neat place that could be a great place if some of the staff actually gave a rat's behind about their clientele.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank TravelJunkie42
Kristin_Heggli, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Valley Ho, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

I'm sorry that you did not enjoy your stay at the hotel. We can always offer to dry clean clothing if it is soiled by another guest. We normally have one robe in each room, with additional robes available upon request. Our front desk agent absolutely should have called security to gain access to the housekeeping area to get another robe and a sewing kit, and I'm sorry that he or she did not do this. We have had some new employees at the front desk and I apologize that the service was clearly lacking. This is not representative of the way that we take care of our guests. I'm not sure if the party you are referring to was in a guest room, but we have a no-party policy for our guest rooms and security always handles noise complaints to ensure that all guests can sleep well. I apologize that we did not live up to your expectations and hope you will consider another visit to the hotel so we can show you what our service is all about.