“Great find in the heart of Old Town Scottsdale”
Review of Hotel Valley Ho

Hotel Valley Ho
Ranked #6 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
GreenLeadersBronze level
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Great find in the heart of Old Town Scottsdale”
Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed for one night in February and were pleasantly surprised by the hip vibe and retro decor throughout the hotel. Although checkin isn't until 4pm, the staff was able to accommodate our early arrival (1pm) which was great. The gentleman at the front desk found out it was my birthday and had a plate of chocolate covered strawberries sent to the room within an hour of checking in! It was a great way to kick off a milestone birthday. We greatly enjoyed our stay and will definitely be back!

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Kristin_Heggli, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Valley Ho, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Thanks for staying with us for your birthday! We look forward to your next visit.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (442)
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 25 February 2014 via mobile

I love this hotel. The service was excellent. Fourth time staying here. I do not like big resorts which is why Valley Ho is perfect. The energy flows in this environment. Felt like I was in a hotel when I was a child in the 60s except way cooler. My daughter and I hung out on our large balcony for hours listening to the fountains and smelling the orange blossoms. Great place. Will continue to stay here.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank wentuc
Kristin_Heggli, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Valley Ho, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Thank you for your feedback! Cheers.
Lombard, Illinois
Reviewed 22 February 2014

Hotel is nice. Clean. Centrally located. Just one complaint. Housekeeping literally walked into our room without even knocking! We were shocked. Luckily we happened to be caught up watching the Olympics. If one of us had been changing or showering - we would have been really upset. Other than that, no complaints. Style of hotel is different - but fun.

Room Tip: Pool side is nice. I am not sure if the hotel has elevators for the rooms. So if someone can't...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank k10kastner
Kristin_Heggli, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Valley Ho, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
We appreciate your review! I am so sorry that housekeeping did not knock before entering your room. The normal protocol is for the housekeepers to knock and say "housekeeping" before entering a room. I will relay your comments to our housekeeping director so that this can be reviewed with our team. We have some newer employees, though that is not an excuse for what happened. Regarding elevators, the rooms in The Tower are accessible by elevator; the original two-story wings do not have elevators. We hope to see you again!
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 20 February 2014

My boyfriend and I spent 4 days at the Valley Ho...Upon our arrival we couldn't find the parking lot so drove up to the front of the hotel to check it out. Valet opened our doors and I asked where I could park the car, he said to let them park it valet because the lot is way too far, all the way on the otherside of the property...I felt like I didn't have a choice. He said if we grabbed the car out of valet before night we wouldn't have to pay the fee to have it stored overnight...We had just finished a 2 hour drive from Sedona, the last thing we wanted to do was go back down to the valet after settling into our hotel room just to save 20 bucks... Felt like a bit of a cash grab to get that initial overnight valet fee. The girl at the front desk was very unpleasant and short with us. Usually someone working front desk is smiling, bubbly and inviting...She was not... My boyfriend and I enjoyed the bar, it was upbeat and pretty lively. We ordered breakfast to our room every morning and the woman who was handling the room service was extremely nice and friendly...We loved her!...Overall good location...Won't stay here again though...The vibe just wasn't very friendly.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank meg046
Kristin_Heggli, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Valley Ho, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
I’m very sorry if you felt forced to valet your car, that is not acceptable. The overnight valet fee is $15 for underground parking, and there is complimentary self parking in two lots at the north end of the hotel. I will be sharing your comments with our valet manager to ensure that our team is doing a good job of communicating all of the parking options. We pride ourselves on our guest service, so I’m disappointed to hear that we missed the mark at both valet and front desk. If you can provide any information on what happened, we can review this with our front desk manager. This is not typical of our front desk team and something we want to look into. We appreciate your feedback and hope you’ll consider another stay at the hotel so we can provide a wonderful experience for you!
Longmont, Colorado
Reviewed 19 February 2014

...facility. The location and service is great. The hotel is extremely quiet. It makes for a great nights rest. The sense of arrival is great with a nice bar leading outside to the patio and pool. The pool is awesome but doesn't spill over into the other facilities...well done setup.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Mike O
Kristin_Heggli, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Valley Ho, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Thank you for your feedback! Cheers.
Arizona
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Loved the mid-century decor and the location is very near Old Town Scottsdale. The lobby and outdoors are furnished with very comfortable furniture. The rooms are large and modern with flat screen TV, long desk/dressing table. Modern bathroom with separate tub and shower. Very tastefully done with comfortable furniture. However, the beds are made with only a duvet cover instead of a top sheet - not to my liking. We had two beds in our room and were able to take the bottom sheet off of the other bed and use it as a top sheet. We had a ground floor, courtyard facing room with a small patio with lounge, table and chairs. It was very convenient for our little pet. The rooms are very well insulated as there was a liquor convention of sorts going on with a large party at the pool on Saturday night with lots of loud music and when we closed our door, we would never heard a sound.

Room Tip: Loved the courtyard rooms with lawn just off the patio. Our room faced west which made it very warm...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank nombres02
We appreciate your feedback! Our duvets have a removable cover, though we do have flat sheets available upon request. We hope to see you again!
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 18 February 2014

I just spent a week at the Valley Ho for a conference that I helped coordinate for 80 members of our association. I can't say how happy we all were with our experience. The rooms were terrific, and the food was wonderful. The staff was courteous and helpful. Caress Rodgers, our event coordinator was wonderful to deal with. I have coordinated these events for our group for the past 7 years and Scottsdale was by far the best. I would recommend the Valley Ho to any group planning an event in Scottsdale.

Room Tip: I personally was in a suite which was incredible. We booked the rooftop for our welcome reception...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank TOM H
I'm so glad we were able to help make your conference a success! Thank you for taking time to leave us a review.