Pretty decent hotel. Rooms are decent, lap pool was good, staff was pretty friendly. But for me the devils in the details.
They really need to rethink their parking situation. They charge $15/day $17 when you add the parking tac in. I stayed 4 nights so that's 60 dollars. In a part of a city where parking isn't a premium it's a superfluous charge. There needs to be an option for self park. I was out in the morning and in at night and then typically back out for dinner. So that's about 3x a day. Normally if it was complimentary valet or one-time I'd tip 5$ per in/out. Which is an additional $15 / day. So $120 to park over 4 days is absurd. Since I was paying $15/day to park I didn't tip. I felt a little bad because I wanted to but I was already paying $15 / day in a situation where I didn't think it was warranted. Felt almost like extortion, given there was no other nearby option.
Ok, part two. They only supplied comforters as sheets. I had to ask for a top sheet for my room. There are two issues with this.
1. Typically Duvets are made of a rougher material (less thread count) than sheets. So it's not as nice against your skin.
2. Secondly, AZ is hot and in hot places people need more ways to accommodate various levels of body temperatures. Like only sleeping with a lighter top sheet. In this instance you don't get that option. You either have the comforter on/off or half off, etc. Having the top sheet would allow people to have more finer control over their sleeping temperature regulation.
As I said those, these are minor, but are also easy to improve on.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Valley Ho is a true icon in Downtown Scottsdale. Originally opened in 1956 and restored to its former splendor, this urban retreat blends mid-century-modern style with contemporary amenities. Every room has a private patio or balcony and floor-to-ceiling glass, perfect for enjoying Arizona's sunshine. Dine at ZuZu, relax at VH Spa for Vitality + Health, and take a dip in two cool pools. Call the hotel directly to get the best deal. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Valley Ho reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Valley Ho Hotel
- Valley Ho Scottsdale
- Hotel Valley Ho Scottsdale, Arizona