“Day we will never forget”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Valley Ho

Hotel Valley Ho
Ranked #4 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
GreenLeadersBronze level
Scottsdale
“Day we will never forget”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2008

My wife and I had the most amazing experience at this hotel. We were completely spoiled. Our ceremony was on the gorgeous roof top of the hotel overlooking Camelback Mountain. Everyone who attended the wedding said they were blown away by the view and how unbelievable it was. The staff at the hotel was beyond words, we were catered to from the time we got there to the day we left. Our cocktail hour was superb, the food was OUTSTANDING, 5 stars all the way. I think we had about 20 different guest stay at the hotel from out of town, including my wife and I, and every single person said they were so impressed with how modern and clean the rooms were. Every little detail was spotless. The rooms have amazing glass walls, the sinks and tub were absolutely impressive. I am not one to take a bath at a hotel but at the Hotel Valley Ho, it was a must. I knew that everything was clean and pristine. The best part about all of this is that after we left the hotel the next day to go on our honeymoon in Maui, we were so spoiled with the Hotel Valley Ho that our "very expensive and nice" hotel in Maui seemed like nothing compared to the Valley Ho. My wife and I said that about 5 times while we were there. If we could have only taken the Valley Ho with us to Maui it would have been a complete honeymoon. I am not one to write reviews but after our experience I have to share this with others. I would absolutely stay at this hotel (Valley Ho) again and again.

• Liked — The style of the hotel and the experience
  • Disliked — That I had to eventually go home
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled on business
2 Thank Dylan71

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (429)
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2008

Everything about our time at the Hotel Valley Ho was spectacular. We had a party and their banquet facilities were exceptional. I recevied compliments for days after about how good the food was and how amazing the view was during our rooftop after dinner party. The rooms were unique, the bed and pillows were great and the Red Flower ammenties make the whole place smell great. We've also stayed there before and it was a nice touch to receive a card in our room upon arrival welcoming us back. The personal really give you the sense that they care about you!!!

• Liked — The Hotel it's self
  • Disliked — nothing...all was great
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled on business
2 Thank jamiekorus
Phoenix
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2008

Rooms were spacious...modern...yet cozy...mattress was excellent. The staff was more than helpful and very knowlegeable of the resort; we even had a chance to meet the GM. The food was second to none...if you are a grilled cheese aficionado like myself; do try the sandwich (I ordered it from the room service menu)...

• Stayed December 2008, travelled on business
2 Thank RyanRW
Chandler, AZ
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2008

One of the worst experiences in my life. My wife was seriously hurt while staying at the hotel because they left a puddle of water in the spa. They just dumped us at a hospital without any way to get home and refused to even pay our insurance deductable. My wife now needs back surgery and the head of security, general manager and property owners all refuse to return our phone calls. The pool is a crush of drunken college students, the staff is poorly trained and management obviously doesnn't care about their guests.

• Liked — Food
  • Disliked — Service
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with friends
4 Thank MarkCarson
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2008

The hotel was recently renovated and comes right out of the 1950's. The rooms are a nice size, and the bathroom was big. If you like turquoise and chrome you will love the look of the room and the restaurant. We had lunch at the restaurant and it was excellent. The hotel is very close to the main part of Scottsdale. Finally the service everywhere in the property was excellent.

• Liked — Clean and excellent service
  • Disliked — Room was a bit noisy
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled on business
2 Thank ExperiencedTravelers
California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2008

My stay at Hotel Valley Ho was fantastic from beginning to end! Upon my arrival I was greeted by a friendly valet and then graciously welcomed and efficiently checked in at the front desk. The bellman was right there to help take my luggage to the room. After getting settled I visited the beautiful gym. I travel quite a bit, and this was the nicest hotel gym I’ve seen. I highly recommend Hotel Valley Ho for your business or personal travel.

Stayed November 2008, travelled on business
2 Thank R0cketScientist
Libertyville, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2008

We recently stayed at the Hotel Valley Ho while enjoying a short stay in Phoenix/Scottsdale. I actually came across this hotel by researching properties on Trip Advisor. As was the case for so many other reviewers the hotel really lived up to the comments posted. The very clean retro room we checked into met all of our expectations - swanky, comfortable, CLEAN, cool ammeneties, quiet, and SMOKE FREE. If the weather had been a little warmer we would have taken advantage of the beautiful pool. The outdoor fire pits with comfortable louge chair were a nice touch. I guess the only down side to the hotel is the parking options on a Saturday night. The hotel seemed to have a lot of activiity on Saturday night - which left us with zero self-park options - every other evening we had no problem with self-park and saved ourselves a parking fee. I would recommend staying at the Hotel Valley Ho to anyone - it is a great hotel.

• Liked — Clean comfortable rooms, with a cool
  • Disliked — Parking
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled as a couple