“Fun and Functional -- One of a kind hotel in great location!”
Review of Hotel Valley Ho

Hotel Valley Ho
Ranked #6 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
GreenLeadersBronze level
Minneapolis
“Fun and Functional -- One of a kind hotel in great location!”
Reviewed 28 January 2009

I absolutely loved this hotel! Not only is it a fun, historic property, but every single staff member I came in contact with went above and beyond to make sure I was happy/comfortable. They all had a great attitude and seemed to really like working there. Especially room service, bellman and valet. I’m a pretty tough critic, as always tend to stay in beautiful, luxury hotels on a regualr basis and there wasn’t much at all that I would change about the Valley Ho! The deep soaking tub and the Red Flower amenities were among my favorite things there. The pool & patio were amazing---next time I need to stay longer to enjoy! The management and staff really strive to please their guests.

• Liked — The retro feel when you drive up; you feel like you've flashed back to the 50's. And the staff---amazing!
  • Disliked — Nothing! Everything was wonderful!
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled on business
3 Thank ALV11

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (445)
denver
Reviewed 22 January 2009

Valley Ho s an experience in itself. So nostalgic. If your into 50s decor this is the hotel for you. Yhe room we had was large and colorful and well appointed. The amenities were great and smelled lovely. There was a tub in the middle of the room and that was a trip. It was a nice size tub for having a relaxing few minutes by myself.

The Martinis and Manhattans at ZUZU were the best. This time we did not eat either ZUZUs or Trader Vics and I wanted to but time was linited.

The pool in the shape of a Martini Olive is a very nice area and the couches you can lay on are so comfortable. Nice cold water is brought to you for your enjoyment. Loved that.

Talk about good location. it is very close to Old Town and many shops, art galleries and restaurants.

I can't wait to go back and enjoy the 50s again. This time the Spa will be on the list of things to enjoy. Yes this was a fun place to stay.

• Liked — The 50s style
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank mitzim
Tempe, AZ
Reviewed 2 January 2009

We held our wedding reception at the Ho and it was flawless. In preparing for the day we were consistently impressed with the staff at the Ho, they were always prepared, helpful, and worked to make sure our reception went off without a hitch. Had our cocktail hour on the roof, all our guests loved, and couldn't stop commenting on, the views and how much fun it was. Dinner downstairs was also fantastic.

We had a number of out of town guests that stayed at the hotel and all of them loved it. It's such a unique property that anyone who isn't from the valley likely will never have seen a hotel like the Ho. All our guests commented on how much they liked the rooms, the staff, and the property in general. The suite my wife and I had on our wedding night was also fantastic. Large and well designed, with a hugh bath tub, shower, and super comfortable bed. We were greeted by a plate of strawberries and whipped cream and a bottle of champaign waiting for us when we got to the room.

My parents had a brunch the next morning for guests which was also a great experience and had fantastic food.

• Liked — Great rooms, amazing reception
  • Disliked — Nothing
2 Thank SundevilStudent
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 December 2008

We wanted to spend a few days in Scottsdale after a drive up to the Grand Canyon. The Hotel Valley Ho is very hip and trendy and it a good location for the art 'scene' in Scottsdale.
The room was amazing (we stayed in a tower room) with fantastic decoration, a comfy bed and a brilliant bathroom.
The staff were friendly and courteous. Good cocktails in Zuzu bar and good food too.
Too cold for us to lounge by the pool but it looked great.

• Liked — Cool bathroom
  • Disliked — Light switches were not next to the bed!
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled as a couple
2 Thank raelarder1976
Scottsdale
Reviewed 18 December 2008

My wife and I had the most amazing experience at this hotel. We were completely spoiled. Our ceremony was on the gorgeous roof top of the hotel overlooking Camelback Mountain. Everyone who attended the wedding said they were blown away by the view and how unbelievable it was. The staff at the hotel was beyond words, we were catered to from the time we got there to the day we left. Our cocktail hour was superb, the food was OUTSTANDING, 5 stars all the way. I think we had about 20 different guest stay at the hotel from out of town, including my wife and I, and every single person said they were so impressed with how modern and clean the rooms were. Every little detail was spotless. The rooms have amazing glass walls, the sinks and tub were absolutely impressive. I am not one to take a bath at a hotel but at the Hotel Valley Ho, it was a must. I knew that everything was clean and pristine. The best part about all of this is that after we left the hotel the next day to go on our honeymoon in Maui, we were so spoiled with the Hotel Valley Ho that our "very expensive and nice" hotel in Maui seemed like nothing compared to the Valley Ho. My wife and I said that about 5 times while we were there. If we could have only taken the Valley Ho with us to Maui it would have been a complete honeymoon. I am not one to write reviews but after our experience I have to share this with others. I would absolutely stay at this hotel (Valley Ho) again and again.

• Liked — The style of the hotel and the experience
  • Disliked — That I had to eventually go home
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled on business
2 Thank Dylan71
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 12 December 2008

Everything about our time at the Hotel Valley Ho was spectacular. We had a party and their banquet facilities were exceptional. I recevied compliments for days after about how good the food was and how amazing the view was during our rooftop after dinner party. The rooms were unique, the bed and pillows were great and the Red Flower ammenties make the whole place smell great. We've also stayed there before and it was a nice touch to receive a card in our room upon arrival welcoming us back. The personal really give you the sense that they care about you!!!

• Liked — The Hotel it's self
  • Disliked — nothing...all was great
2 Thank jamiekorus
Phoenix
Reviewed 8 December 2008

Rooms were spacious...modern...yet cozy...mattress was excellent. The staff was more than helpful and very knowlegeable of the resort; we even had a chance to meet the GM. The food was second to none...if you are a grilled cheese aficionado like myself; do try the sandwich (I ordered it from the room service menu)...

2 Thank RyanRW