“Cute New Place”

Cuttlefish restaurant Scottsdale
Cuisines: Seafood, Pub
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Cute New Place”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2014

After hearing about Cuttlefish being owned by family of a well known restauranteur here in the valley I was quite excited to try it out! I finally had the chance today with a couple of girlfriends at lunch. The decor is quite nice! I usually like to belly-up to the bar but we got a table today. The menu had a lot of nice choices, I went with a Maggiore Pinot Grigio and a lobster roll. Both were delicious. The lobster roll had a choice of side salad or french fries...while my waistline would have preferred the salad I chose the fries and they were very good. I've read the other reviews on here about poor service; while our service was fine, I did see our server take dishes out to the wrong table...and they were not busy. I definitely want to go back and try dinner at the bar. I hope they do well and work out any bumps they may have as a new restaurant.

• Visited January 2014

Flagstaff, Arizona
“first time”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014

Had a lovely dinner here. Different menu but everything we had was very good . Service was top notch. House wine was good. Had one of their specialty drinks after dinner was a little stout for me. They had only been open a couple of weeks but are on right track to becoming a great place.

Ypsilanti, Michigan
“Excellent food but presentation needs improvement”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2013

I typically don't expect much from seafood restaurants this far from the sea, but this looked like a promising place near our hotel. the restaurant is small and has a youthful vibe, perhaps misplaced in this location. We had called in a reservation, which was not available, but were asked if we wanted to sit at a "community table." It was late for us, so we went ahead and did this

I ordered a wedge salad and the salmon, my companion had the lobster ravioli in a lobster reduction. The breads rolls were very good, as were our entrees. However, you can see that the presentation of my dish was a bit off. The purple mashed potatoes were delicious, but they did not look like anything i'd want to eat. I'm sure that whoever plated this was laughing in the kitchen.

Our dessert, an apple cake, was fabulous.

I"d recommend the food, but they still need help with managing the front of the house

1 Thank lmg1954
Scottsdale, Arizona
“The Titanic”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

Good Salmon. The rest not much. Service was dreadful.the apps were mediocre.luke warm coffee.It's a pretty place.What a shame!

1 Thank Sko52
“Bad food in a nice space”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

Service started with warm water. Then water soaked salad with very little taste. Had the grilled prawns which were uninspiring along with polenta which had lakes of oil in it . Wife had an incredibly dry short rib entree that had been severely over cooked . We try most of the new restaurants in Scottsdale we will not be back to this one. What a shame. They are opening a burger restaurant next door. It will have to be as good a concept as hopdoddy right up the street or don't even waste the money opening it.
As for cuttlefish , a real shame.