“Gondolas and Italian Arias”

Center Stage Bar at Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort at Gainey Ranch
Ranked #8 of 69 Nightlife in Scottsdale
Reviewed 1 February 2014

You get a complimentary gondola ride with your entrée at the Alta Ristorante restaurant at the Hyatt Regency Resort and Spa in Scottsdale, AZ. And the gondola oarsman sings Italian arias with a trained operatic tenor voice! The lake is small, but an evening ride after dinner, with song, is charming.

Reviewed 27 December 2013

I come to this Hyatt for the music. I come a couple times a year. The music style and groups change sometimes nightly. Sometimes I call to find out what style of music is being offered that night although live music here is always a pleasure.

The center stage is downstairs from the main entrance. There are tables and chairs, a few sofas, and some tall tables with bar stools.

Self parking is to your first left after you turn into the resort and another immediate left. It is a little dark in parts of the parking. I like to have a little flash light with me to walk in mostly so other drivers see me. The entrance off the street can be easy to miss...I have missed it more than once. There is valet parking too. Just drive straight in by the fountain and you will be well cared for.

Please go enjoy some live music.

There are appetizers or you can order sushi from the sushi bar. Mixed drinks are interesting...I had my first cream sickle martini here a number of years ago. It is not on the current menu but they will make it still with vanilla vodka and Licor 43, orange juice and cream. Yum

Reviewed 25 November 2012

This is a beautiful setting. The archictectural setting is outstanding, the gardens and water features very nice. There is often music though not always. If you aren't staying there it might still be worth a visit. Valet parking adds to the cost of the drinks nd they are already expensive. But it is a beautiful setting and worth seeing once. We go most years at least once, sometimes more.

Reviewed 19 November 2012

We love to go here for a drink and appetizers and listen to the live music which is either jazz or spanish influenced. When prefer to sit outdoors and relax with the music. Also Talk a walk to the lake and check out the view before sunset or take a gondola ride.

Reviewed 30 July 2012

Looking for a romantic evening? Incredible music? Soulful sounds? Warm atmosphere and fantastic views? MDL performances in the lobby bar of the Hyatt Gainey Ranch are not be outdone. Their music is perfect for a first - or fiftieth - date. As a matter of fact, I recently went there for a first date, and my date, who was visiting from LA, was so impressed by MDL's sound, that we changed our plans for the second date and returned to hear MDL the following night.

You won't be disappointed and will feel as I do, that this spot and the mellow, mesmerizing sound of MDL is Scottsdale's best kept secret!

1  Thank KBrownAZ

Travellers who viewed Center Stage Bar at Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort at Gainey Ranch also viewed

Scottsdale, Central Arizona

Been to Center Stage Bar at Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort at Gainey Ranch? Share your experiences!