“Great night”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Fantastic night out with the boys on our last evening in Scottsdale. Top notch music, great food and the service from our waitress Jenna was tremendous (we bought two tables by the front of the dance floor)
The only downside -AND TAKE NOTE- was the way the security/bouncers handled the closing at 2pm. They where extremely forceful in getting everyone out as soon as the music had stopped. I had just bought a round of drinks and we had approx 30 seconds for us to finish them before we were ushered out the doors - at $100 for the round this was nothing but a rip off especially considering I had just forked out $1200 for the final tab!
Another group complained and one of there guys got man-handled out, police involved etc - they did manage to get a refund for their round.

Reviewed 29 August 2013 via mobile

Great food, people, atmosphere, prices and music. Upscale bar, seating is good. Drinks are mixed to perfection. I really enjoyed myself.

Reviewed 11 May 2013

I waited to write this review as I wanted to give the restaurant the benefit of the doubt and I'm hopeful things have improved since. We visited in mid-February and were there on some type of promotional night (Wear Blue Sunday?) We got 1/2 off our drinks, which was great. Decor of this place is edgy and youthful, which is a bit of a surprise as location is in a strip mall. Our sushi rolls were good and service was okay (although not nearly as good as the high-roller 2 top tables next to us who ordered 3+ bottles of wine... but hey, that's fair).

The real problem with our visit was that the night we were there, they were having some sort of mechanical/electrical issues back in the kitchen. All but one of the appetizers were unavailable and many of the rolls as well. Anything that would have been cooked/baked was unavailable. We were told this when it was time for us to order-- had we been told at the door, we might not have stayed. We ended up having very few choices, and the sushi that we did get was good, but not great. It would have been nice to have been comped on this, but maybe since they were already running a promotion they couldn't?

Our experience was overall not that great, but I thought it did have potential to be fantastic, hence the rating of a 3.

Reviewed 9 January 2013

Lots of young energy in the restaurant, but there were families too, so a good mix. Nice selection of sushi, shashimi and rolls. Some signature cocktails served icy cold. Low lighting adds a nice romantic touch. We go there often and it's always consistently good.

Reviewed 31 December 2012

It has a neat vibe too it, and good food. I would say prices were fair. We had a good time. It was pretty loud.